The Tournament

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
This. It was a fun watch (only caught the 2nd half) but they are going to be very overmatched going forward with nothing but a handful of small guards. Having Brackins and Hogue on the team would have made it interesting.
Agreed but that kinda makes it like every cyclone team ever.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
So what are the rules for eligibility for this? Obviously no college players but everybody else can play?

Can't have current college players or guys that are currently under NBA Contract.

I'm interested about Lucious, Jackson and Hogue. All guys on the roster, but didn't show up for first game. Could really use Hogue on Sunday.

I'd love to see them add Niang for next weekend if they win tomorrow.

barryb4384

Jun 30, 2006
Can't have current college players or guys that are currently under NBA Contract.

I'm interested about Lucious, Jackson and Hogue. All guys on the roster, but didn't show up for first game. Could really use Hogue on Sunday.

I'd love to see them add Niang for next weekend if they win tomorrow.

I kind of thought about Niang too, but with his injury and trying to make another NBA team, I am betting he doesn't want to risk anything, even if he is feeling up to playing. If he is healthy, I am guessing he/his agent are going to want him to do workouts with teams instead of contact games.

Those other 3 are all on the roster and all have videos saying they are on the team and ready to play. Could be injuries or travel issues.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Some guys to add so it's not all guards all the time.

Jamie Vanderbeken
Rahshon Clark

To bad Eijm and White are playing in leagues right now.

:)

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Some guys to add so it's not all guards all the time.

Jamie Vanderbeken
Rahshon Clark

To bad Eijm and White are playing in leagues right now.

:)
If we could of had Royce we would be extremely dangerous.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Per these guys:
upload_2017-7-15_16-55-17.jpeg
Hogue & Lucious are both nursing sprains or strains or something. Fizer said he hoped Hogue would play tomorrow. Bowie barely made it - and has to boogie back to Vegas after the game tomorrow for another workout with the pros. The game was TOTAL Cyclone - dig a hole, climb out, lead for a while, make it a nailbiter in the final couple of minutes. We should expect anything different? :D

Edit: I'd like to add that these guys were really great - spent a lot of time talking to the fans...

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
This thing should be getting more play. It was a lot of fun seeing those guys today.

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
Bowie was by far the best "big" we had out there.. solid rotation with hogue and Bowie would be nice. really hope he's up to playing tomorrow.

NorwalkCyclone

Mar 13, 2011
Non-Cyclones were 1-10 from the field with 2 TOs and 8 fouls. But, Stotts did pull down a team high 10 rebounds, 5 being offensive, so that was nice. Likely the most fouls and free throws of any game so far in the tourney with 48 total fouls and Hilton Magic shooting 31 FTs. The team they played has been together for several years and had played many games together, so today was a very good first day.

K-State was led by Pullen who had 17, but he was only 4-16 from the floor and 1-12 from 3-pt. range. He will shoot better tomorrow, but that wasn't great shooting by him today. Kelly was their better player w/17 pts as well and added 6 Rebs and 6 blocks. They dominated the boards and are a much bigger team. Will have to run and gun and hit the 3 again to win. Bigs will need to hold their own and use up their fouls again.

Reactions: HiltonMagicLegends

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I'm assuming Bowie did something good at some point in the game, so obligatory...
giphy.gif

Reactions: NetflixAndClone

barryb4384

Jun 30, 2006
After last weekend was full of upsets, the only "upset" yesterday was a 9 over an 8. Seeds held true which isn't as common in this tournament. I still have 7 of my 8 Final 8 teams in play, but need Hilton Magic and Chicago ALS to pull off the upsets today to keep my 7 teams going.

barryb4384

Jun 30, 2006
Tip time! Looks like the same 7 guys today unless someone wasn't in the pre-tip picture. Let's go guys!!

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I miss watching Tyrus.

Also this team is missing so many players that should be playing. Hogue, McKay, Ejim, Royce. Anyone but Niang (bad timing on getting waived) and Nader.