The three Cyclone basketball players who made you the fan you are today

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Fred, Justice Thigpen, Loren Meyer.

So many others. Tinsley, Fizer, kentrail Horton, Mike nurse.

Niang, Ejim, morris, naz, Matt Thomas, Nader, burton, those guys are new era for me.

Basically everyone who has played frankly. Except haluska.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
No other 6'3 Cyclone in history had to guard so many 6'8 - 6'9 power forwards as Johnny's first recruit, Ronnie Harris. He really could guard 1 to 4. I played ball against him a number of times - he def could guard me, too :)

Harris was a total foundational piece to ISU gaining respectability under Johnny.

Totally true, he often got matched either with F/C or the opponent's leading scorer.

Harris would fit well in Otz scheme.

• Agree
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
Michalik, Bankhead, Tinsley

HM- Sullivan, Niang, Hoiberg, Pratt, Fizer, Shirley, and many many more

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
Hornacek and Schafer
I'll borrow your unused 3rd since 2 of my 4 match you. I liked each of these guys for different reasons.

Barry Stevens, Jeff Grayer, Jeff Hornacek (Who was a walk on for you youngsters), and Tom Schafer. (A Pre-Fred Transfer!)

Honorable Mention: Terry Woods a G from Waterloo that at 5' 9" was shorter than me. :cool:

Reactions: stateofmind

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Hornacek was the number one.

After that I'd say Terrence Allen. Little guy but man, he had the hops.

Ronnie Virgil probably third. He was the one in the game against Michigan that ignited the team with his 12' jumpers. And probably was the guy who was in mind when the infamous "Looks like the Varsity versus the JV" comment was tossed out. I was never so proud of an ISU sports team as when they won that game after the commentator said that.