Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorm

Zis is Kaos...ve don't BOOOO here!!!
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I don't think Missouri is going anywhere unless the Big 10 comes calling.

Then again, I'm beginning to think AM isn't going anywhere either.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I am beginning to believe the whole move will blowup soon. It will be like the rollercoaster ride on the stock market this week. Down only a 135 points afters a lot of volatility.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Conference members (texas) should stop fighting to keep TAMU here already. Its clear they dont want to be here, and trying to force them into staying legislatively and otherwise isnt going to be good for the conference.Let em go, move on.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Conference members (texas) should stop fighting to keep TAMU here already. Its clear they dont want to be here, and trying to force them into staying legislatively and otherwise isnt going to be good for the conference.Let em go, move on.

I don't get this attitude. It only hurts the conference if A&M leaves.

I don't give two ****s if they WANT to be here. I care if they HAVE to be.

If they don't have any other options, they won't go anywhere. And right now, if the SEC and/or the Texas Legislature says "Nope", they don't.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
BrentZwerneman
It's quiet by design on A&M's front today, while misinformation spews from all sorts of places. Ags still on course for SEC. #mysa #hounews

TheClone

Apr 10, 2006
KC, KS
What the hell, no new posts in almost 20 minutes?
Quick someone post a link to some obscure sports reporter's twitter page with some new unverifiable "fact".

Boomer

Jun 7, 2010
9 members are committed to bring in ONE team at the moment

BYU,Air Force,TCU or Houston

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
I don't get this attitude. It only hurts the conference if A&M leaves.

I don't give two ****s if they WANT to be here. I care if they HAVE to be.

If they don't have any other options, they won't go anywhere. And right now, if the SEC and/or the Texas Legislature says "Nope", they don't.

Nothing would please me more than for the "We're sick of bowing to Texas, we're outta here" team being told "No, no you're not outta here, sit the **** down and shut the **** up."

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley

Yes, let them go. They want to be in T&F conference. I'm so sick of their "less than" complex with UT, and the yell cheers. WTF?

Our conference needs another school with wrestling, IMO. Air Force has that.

However, AF is not strong on the female side, unlike BYU. http://www.goairforcefalcons.com/sports/w-volley/spec-rel/112910aaa.html

Last edited:

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
Gotta think BYU is a front runner and they would be interested. It would elevate their other sports out of whatever step down they took when they left the MWC, and if the super-conferences did happen, independents would have a tough time filling their schedule with quality teams.

Air Force would be cool, definite road trip game! Would like to avoid another Texas team though. Does TCU have any penalties if they withdraw from the Big East before joining?

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Jesus, it is sad if we can't get BYU. TCU and Houston would absolutely be horrible for schools like ISU and probably for everyone currently in the conference. AF wouldn't hurt anyone, but would show exactly how weak we are perceived as a conference.

CarrollCyclone

Jul 7, 2011
Just read the Orangebloods article. If the Big 12 files suit against the SEC or A&M over the broken TV contracts, can A&M file a counter-suit against Texas over the terms of the LHN? (Seems that the other Big 12 members signed off on LHN under one set of terms, then UT/ESPN pulled out another set of terms).

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Jesus, it is sad if we can't get BYU. TCU and Houston would absolutely be horrible for schools like ISU and probably for everyone currently in the conference. AF wouldn't hurt anyone, but would show exactly how weak we are perceived as a conference.

BYU just went indy. They may not want to abandon that so quickly.

Houston has a lot of potential. TCU.. they have football success now, but dont have a ton of support and are in an area of texas we have locked down more than the rest of it between TTU, OU, and UT

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Just read the Orangebloods article. If the Big 12 files suit against the SEC or A&M over the broken TV contracts, can A&M file a counter-suit against Texas over the terms of the LHN? (Seems that the other Big 12 members signed off on LHN under one set of terms, then UT/ESPN pulled out another set of terms).

It would be tough to sue for Showing high school games on TV on a channel that isn't on any TVs. In all seriousness though, the LHN never did show any high school games on TV. Texas has said, we won't do it. A&M was just using it as their out. Nothing more.

Reactions: Wesley
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron