UFO stuff & "The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch"

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
New adventures of the boys bumbling along in a quasi-Scientific investigation of the so-called "most mysterious place on Earth," will air sometime Spring 2024. Finding the show entertaining at times, plodding, and almost campy at others, I look forward with a sense of hunger.

AS! There are some inexplicable photo captures, videos, and eyewitnesses accounts which need real Science to investigate. Hoping to crack open a cold one and enjoy, laugh, and maybe scratch my head.

Last edited:

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
So a skinwalker is a shapeshifter....who knew? I had to google that one.
I knew people who awaited the Tiger King with a sense of hunger....glad I skipped that fad. Maybe I'll give this one a shot.
This is a first reply.....I am looking to distract from that TAM game. Still chapped.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I usually get into stuff like this, have seen a few of the Skinwalker Ranch episodes, will probably check this out. Very hit and miss though. Couldn't stay into Oak Island, cool idea but got tired of them never really finding much of anything and the voice narrator feigning amazement at the fact that coconut husks were found on Oak Island... but how did they get there?!?

Reactions: sadam

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
So a skinwalker is a shapeshifter....who knew? I had to google that one.
I knew people who awaited the Tiger King with a sense of hunger....glad I skipped that fad. Maybe I'll give this one a shot.
This is a first reply.....I am looking to distract from that TAM game. Still chapped.
Oak Island, Skinwalker, news, sports, movies, history shows are pretty much my limited viewing. A year or so back, I did get into Netflix's "Narcos," especially S1 and S2, but that is about it. Couldn't tell anything about Tiger King, Kardashians, Dance Shows, The Mask, or other stuff my friends, and family view.

Last edited:

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
New adventures of the boys bumbling along in a quasi-Scientific investigation of the so-called "most mysterious place on Earth," will air sometime Spring 2021. Finding the show entertaining at times, plodding, and almost campy at others, I look forward with a sense of hunger.

AS! There are some inexplicable photo captures, videos, and eyewitnesses accounts which need real Science to investigate. Hoping to crack open a cold one and enjoy, laugh, and maybe scratch my head.

there are a 1 -2 two episodes on this on the podcast 'mysterious universe'. two aussies chat about books they've read on fringe topics: aliens, near death experiences, ghosts, bigfoot, men in black, lucid dreaming etc.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
I usually get into stuff like this, have seen a few of the Skinwalker Ranch episodes, will probably check this out. Very hit and miss though. Couldn't stay into Oak Island, cool idea but got tired of them never really finding much of anything and the voice narrator feigning amazement at the fact that coconut husks were found on Oak Island... but how did they get there?!?
They are actually finding stuff on Oak Island now. It sucked for a few years and you only need to watch the last 15 min of an episode, but they found an old road from the swamp and are on the path of a tunnel about 80 feet below the surface. Nothing of gold or treasure like people think, but pretty cool stuff that has no reason being on the island.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
New adventures of the boys bumbling along in a quasi-Scientific investigation of the so-called "most mysterious place on Earth," will air sometime Spring 2021. Finding the show entertaining at times, plodding, and almost campy at others, I look forward with a sense of hunger.

New episodes (8) to begin airing May 4, 9:00 PM Central on History Channel.

Reactions: aauummm

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
I really liked Project Blue Book (not reality, more of a drama) that was on History Channel. Wish they wouldn't have cancelled it.
that was a great series and yeah it really sucked it only got 2 seasons.. but yet swamp people is still going?? hopefully Netflix or Hulu will pick it up at some point..

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Link to hour long The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch pre-season "teaser."

Whatever Skinwalker Ranch involves, it does appear to be in that venn diagram union with UFOs.

As I have posted before, for most of my life I have not been a true believer in "UFOs." I consumed a lot of '70's to the '90's UFO literature as fun Science Fiction and enjoyed it as if written in that genre.

After the release in recent years of the U.S. Navy pilot's images, videos, and eyewitness accounts of UAPs, I'd say I'm in that 95% range of belief that this phenomenon is real and what real is befuddles even the best of minds.

Here are three cases that I have come upon recently to contemplate:

Five eminent Scientists in India saw a robot-like object move down a slope as they videotaped it. When they approached within 50 meters the object lifted into the sky and disappeared: https://www.indiatoday.in/magazine/...-district-remains-a-mystery-783701-2006-02-13
---------------------------------------------------------------
CIA man James Woolsey says he was skeptical about aliens until a friend's aircraft was paused at 40,000 feet.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Scientists' analysis of Homeland Security video imagery shows an orb moving near an airport, dashing underwater, re-emerging at high speed, and joined by a similar object.

Last edited:
  • Winner

aauummm

March is National Celery Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Ok, I'm ready for season 2. Got the DVR service back again with two new set top boxes.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Tonight's show got back to attempting to unearth some clues to solve the Skinwalker Ranch mystery. The team flooded an in-ground void and then observed where the dyed water would reappear. Sort of mild, but that precipitated weird happenings. Once the water rapidly disappeared a follow-up investigation included an excavation into the void.

Most notable was a cell phone high-speed hacking effect which was pretty interesting. Caleb's iPhone being "hacked" and then "randomly" flipping through functions, data, apps, and making calls, should not have happened. And it did, as it had in past episodes whenever the team attempts to undertake investigations, especially digging.

In the dark of that night, as the group was settling down to grilled burgers, some large, tan-yellow, unidentified, creature/object was seen which rapidly retreated, all off camera. Not much of a show but next week's episode seems to take off (as future shows always seem to!)

Last edited:

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I really wanted to love this show but it all seems like a lot of BS smoke and mirrors to me. I'll keep watching in hopes of a bombshell but I don't think it will ever come.

Falselife

Jul 28, 2011
I really wanted to love this show but it all seems like a lot of BS smoke and mirrors to me. I'll keep watching in hopes of a bombshell but I don't think it will ever come.

Well, yeah. These shows are just fiction with a documentary approach. It's wild that people believe **** like Oak Island are even brushing against reality. Ghost and werewolf shows being smoke and mirrors, well yeah. Obviously.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
As someone who believes most of the new UFO stuff that has come out, and is of the strong belief there is life (to what extent I have no clue) beyond earth, I have always had some disdain for these types of shows.

You are not going to see a "breakthrough" or a perfect photo/video of a craft maneuvering landing or chasing anyone, and the people they seem to bring on are the wackiest of the bunch. I started watching that Hangar 1 show on netflix and rolled my eyes at half of the "experts" they interview about a particular event. Had to turn it off.

The most impactful UFO discussions or events are with military personnel or verified journalists who have not only followed UFOs their entire career. Most of these people come from a mindset of "I'm not an "Aliens are real" guy by any means, but this is what I saw and this is why I know we as humans don't have this technology".

Don't get me wrong, I'll still usually watch if nothing more than for the fact to hear about the different events and come to a conclusion on my own. But these types of shows get me annoyed because half the people are just playing into the "UFO believers are just nut-jobs" theory haha I just watched an episode last night where a guy tried to tie a fly-by sighting of a UFO in the general area of George W Bush's texas ranch, to the Aliens potentially being there for Bush himself.... let's just stick to the sightings and "facts" we have before we start claiming conspiracy with the soon to be president haha

Reactions: StClone