The Roses are Dead

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

DocGooden

Sep 12, 2009
Cybyassociation;1353301[B said:
]Unfortunately, because USC is USC...They'll still be top 14.[/B]

In all seriousness, I hope to God they arent, but I do think that losing in OT will actually HELP Iowa stay ranked higher.

Yeah- even after yet another ***-kicking they took tonight. They have three losses now, are you kidding with this??

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Yeah- even after yet another ***-kicking they took tonight. They have three losses now, are you kidding with this??

They took an *** whoopin 2 weeks ago...and were at #9!? Not kidding anyone. People want to believe that USC this year is the USC of old. I would almost guarantee that they are ranked ahead of Iowa tomorrow. I absolutely hate it. I hate everything about USC. People say Pete is a "class act", I think hes a piece of ****. It's not right, its not fair, but its gonna happen.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
They took an *** whoopin 2 weeks ago...and were at #9!? Not kidding anyone. People want to believe that USC this year is the USC of old. I would almost guarantee that they are ranked ahead of Iowa tomorrow. I absolutely hate it. I hate everything about USC. People say Pete is a "class act", I think hes a piece of ****. It's not right, its not fair, but its gonna happen.

Your dead right. USC is virtually fellated by poll voters on a regular basis, regardless of how good they truly are.

Cy1969

Nov 3, 2009
So what bowl would they deserve to go to, Carnac? You sound a lot like Northwestern fans sounded last year when they got passed over.

You can't be that dumb, well maybe YOU can be.

Look no further than a year ago.

Iowa's place was the Alamo Bowl, the Cap one, or Outback, or whatever they went to jumped Northwestern (who finished ahead of Iowa, and beat them head to head) to select the Hawks who travel better.

BTW, if I were an Iowa fan, and I watched the last minute of the game, then the overtime, I would be ******. How do you not take a chance to win the game????

kirk, and the boys showed you how to do that. I guess it's a good thing that Iowa didn't play Purdue......THEY whipped tOSU's ***.

breck53

Aug 29, 2008
Jealous?? Not in the least bit. Being a hawkeye fan is as appealing to me as the odor of a back alley in the slums of Mumbai. I would rather be a fly on a starving child in a Feed The Children commercial than be a hawkeye fan.

And no, the hawkeyes likely won't deserve the bowl bid they receive.
I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree on the bowl bid they DESERVE to get--and as for me, I would rather sit in a wheelchair drooling than be a Iowa State fan.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
Iowa's place was the Alamo Bowl, the Cap one, or Outback, or whatever they went to jumped Northwestern (who finished ahead of Iowa, and beat them head to head) to select the Hawks who travel better.

It worked for Iowa last year. It may work against them this year....if a BCS bowl is choosing between Iowa & Penn State. The meltdown will be epic, that's for sure.

DocGooden

Sep 12, 2009
It worked for Iowa last year. It may work against them this year....if a BCS bowl is choosing between Iowa & Penn State. The meltdown will be epic, that's for sure.

If a BCS bowl is choosing between Iowa & Penn State, you are predicting an epic meltdown by Penn State fans? Why would they "meltdown", as you say, and how would you know about it anyway? Do you spend a lot of time on Penn State message boards?

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
If a BCS bowl is choosing between Iowa & Penn State, you are predicting an epic meltdown by Penn State fans? Why would they "meltdown", as you say, and how would you know about it anyway? Do you spend a lot of time on Penn State message boards?

What?

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008

LOL. Ignore him, he cannot see the forest for the trees.

If the Big 10 gets two teams in BCS bowls, the choice will come down to these:

Penn State (AP #13, Coaches Poll #12)

Iowa (AP #15, Coaches Poll #15)

One school brings a storied history of national titles, national name recognition, and a legendary Hall-of-Fame coach. The other does not. Just wait...it could be an epic meltdown.

hawkeyescott

Jun 13, 2008
If Oklahoma State gets 10-2, they definitely deserve to go before Iowa.

Just compare the two, who they have beaten and who they have lost to.
Okie State losses- likely to be 10-2 houston, Undefeated texas.
Iowa losses- likely 7-5 Northwestern, 10-2 Ohio State (or 9-3 if Michigan pulls out a win)

So why didn't you point out the wins? Why just go with who they lost to? Did you not compare the wins because it would show Iowa has the better resume and it would defeat the purpose of your post?

Oklahoma St wins if they win their final 2 games: Georgia, Rice, Grambling St, @A&M, Missouri, @Baylor, @ISU, Texas Tech, Colorado, @Oklahoma.

Iowa wins: UNI, @ISU, Arizona, Arkansas St, @Penn State, Michigan, @Wisconsin, @Michigan St, Indiana, Minnesota.

Which team has the more impressive wins, especially on the road?

So again what makes Oklahoma St more deserving?

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
OkieState plays in the B12 South... THAT is enough.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Big 12 south isn't what it has been thou.

While that may be ... most of college FB isn't what is has been this year too.

OkieSt, finishes the regular season with only 2 losses.... IMO, that is > 2 losses in the Big11 .... maybe even > than one loss in the Big11.

-keep.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
So why didn't you point out the wins? Why just go with who they lost to? Did you not compare the wins because it would show Iowa has the better resume and it would defeat the purpose of your post?

Oklahoma St wins if they win their final 2 games: Georgia, Rice, Grambling St, @A&M, Missouri, @Baylor, @ISU, Texas Tech, Colorado, @Oklahoma.

Iowa wins: UNI, @ISU, Arizona, Arkansas St, @Penn State, Michigan, @Wisconsin, @Michigan St, Indiana, Minnesota.

Cuz the Big 10 is better than the big 12 south....

maui6651

Sep 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids

The AP and USA Today polls have Oklahoma State ranked higher now... you could ask them.

I'd call the two about even right now. Oklahoma State doesn't have a win at Penn State to hang their hat on, but they haven't had as many games come down to the last play either. I'd actually really like to see a game between Oklahoma State and Iowa. I think that would be pretty good.