The office SPOILER thread

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
I didn't have a problem with Charles, Michael was being a baby... which is why the show is so funny of course. And I'm not worried about Michael, remember Dwight quit and went to Staples for awhile. The day Michael is gone permanently will be the last episode.

CycloneWarrior

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 10, 2008
Urbandale,Ia
Idk. Cause having michael quit could just be Steve Carrel wanting to leave the show to be in more movies. I really hope I am wrong

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
I hope Carrel isn't quitting. That would be pretty much the end of my favorite show. Michael is in the episode next week and the episode is called 2 weeks. So he must keep this "I quit" thing going for a while.

Jim did not have a good day.

Edit: I just checked and Steve Carrel's contract isn't up for another 3 years. So yeah, IDK where they are going with this story line.

Last edited:

Jack & Hilton

Nov 30, 2007
Tracy Jordan also quit 30 Rock tonight, but then he was back at the end of the episode. Michael will be back.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
I know that actors sometimes quit tv shows to focus on movies or other things, but I really don't think The Office could continue without Michael. Who would be the primary character? Dwight? Jim? Pam? Stanley? Kevin? The Nard-dog? They're all great secondary characters, but none of them could carry the show.

Perfect example- Christmas Vacation 2: Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure (2003) (TV) Cousin Eddie is a great secondary character on Christmas Vacation... but a movie centered on him? I haven't seen it, but I'm sure there's a reason it was released straight to video...

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
I am sure Michael will be back. It's just a very unexpected and odd story line. They will probably show how well the office runs without him for a week and then Michael will beg for his job back.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
As long as we're talking about it, I wasn't 100% sure why he quit after David Wallace agreed that Michael should've been able to get ahold of him on the phone, and said he would take care of and attend the anniversary party. Was he just mad that he didn't fire Charles?

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
As long as we're talking about it, I wasn't 100% sure why he quit after David Wallace agreed that Michael should've been able to get ahold of him on the phone, and said he would take care of and attend the anniversary party. Was he just mad that he didn't fire Charles?

It probably doesn't help that Michael is still mad at Wallace for moving Holly.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
It probably doesn't help that Michael is still mad at Wallace for moving Holly.

That's probably true. Although in the episode where they did the Lecture Circuit and went to Nashua, it seemed as though Michael thought that was all on Holly for leaving. That was hilarious by the way, when Michael was trying to give his speech and he started talking to Holly's boyfriend and said "does she talk about me? Has she ever mentioned Michael Scott?" It's because of that kind of pathetic desperation that Michael can never leave the show!

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
That's probably true. Although in the episode where they did the Lecture Circuit and went to Nashua, it seemed as though Michael thought that was all on Holly for leaving. That was hilarious by the way, when Michael was trying to give his speech and he started talking to Holly's boyfriend and said "does she talk about me? Has she ever mentioned Michael Scott?" It's because of that kind of pathetic desperation that Michael can never leave the show!

From the Business Trip Episode, Michael ******* at Wallace for moving Holly. I think Michael blames Wallace for the whole situation.

Michael yelling at Wallace is one of my favorite moments in The Office. It's just freaking awesome when Michael stands up for himself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brentwood

Jun 25, 2008
Altoona
Michael told David "do you realize everything i gave of for this job? I put having a family on hold" I think that was his Aha! moment and why he quit

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
From the Business Trip Episode, Michael bitched at Wallace for moving Holly. I think Michael blames Wallace for the whole situation.

Michael yelling at Wallace is one of my favorite moments in The Office. It's just freaking awesome when Michael stands up for himself.

Michael told David "do you realize everything i gave of for this job? I put having a family on hold" I think that was his Aha! moment and why he quit

Both good points, I had forgotten Michael yelling at David.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
There's no way he's gone for good.

Though I think he should be. His character is played out, IMO.

The entire show pretty much jumped the shark a year or so ago.

cyclonekj

Apr 11, 2006
There's no way he's gone for good.

Though I think he should be. His character is played out, IMO.

The entire show pretty much jumped the shark a year or so ago.

There have been signs of jumping. If Ted McGinley had been cast as Michael's new boss, I would be seriously worried.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
There have been signs of jumping. If Ted McGinley had been cast as Michael's new boss, I would be seriously worried.
Jim and Pam getting together...the whole Dwight/Andy/Angela drama, any relationship Michael gets in...
ugh
it's just crap.
There's no tension, no edge anymore, not to mention the entire show has gotten just absurd.