The next point guard.

Discussion in 'Women's Basketball' started by acoustimac, May 19, 2017.

1. acoustimac

acoustimac Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Associate Professor
    Lamoni, IA
    Ratings:
    +305 / 16 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. geewago

geewago Active Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Waco,tx
    Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like it could be "feast or famine".

3. ISC

ISC Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Computer Programmer
    Iowa
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    I think Durr can handle point to start the season. I'm not sold on Nia yet as being able to play a lot of big 12 minutes, but we'll see. Regardless of who is playing point, the rest of the positions should be pretty solid.

4. bozclone

bozclone Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Male
    Engr
    Indiana
    Ratings:
    +858 / 43 / -0
    I think Nia has the ability to improve our transition game if she can play under control. But I don't see her playing 30 minutes a game. I see her as a change of pace. I think both Durr and Madison Wise can play point, but I think we need their scoring on the wing too. I sure it will be a combination of players. Hopefully Bill can find a couple that can handle the point and he is ability to use them so we are efficient on offense.

5. Royalclone

Royalclone Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    If BF needs point guards who can score, he should focus on those that can instead of the ones he has recruited recently. That said, I think he relishes these situations. He mad Alison Lacey into an AA point guard because of a similar situation at the time. He knows the best at what he describes are going to the blue bloods. He need to craft his own unless one happen to fall i to his lap like Frese, Medders, and Wheeler.