The Next 5 Games

Discussion in 'Women's Basketball' started by geewago, Jan 9, 2017.

1. geewago

geewago Active Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Waco,tx
    IMO the next 5 games could very well make or break this season. The only game in the mix that ISU may be favored in is at TCU. They are not playing as good this year as I had expected them to. Surely these girls can pull a win out there. If not it will not be looking well for them. That's why the next game with OU is such a biggie to me. Lose that one and it may well set the tone for a 5 game losing streak. It will be very hard to win at OU and KSU IMO is probably the 3rd best team in this league. I have my doubts that BU will lose a game in this league this year unless they just fall completely flat one night and beat themselves. Therefore I'm thinking this up and coming game with OU in Ames may well prove to be the most important one on the schedule. I'll be rooting for ya'll all the way from Texas. Please beat the Sooners.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. geewago

geewago Active Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Waco,tx
    Well I kinda wish I hadn't posted this now, but GEEZ this was an important game. Tough road ahead. My My, no depth, no posts. I think Bill has mellowed out and lost his touch/drive especially when it comes to recruiting. That's the biggie as I've been saying for several years now. Good luck at TCU. I've got news for you. They are one scrappy little team. They played might tough here in Waco tonight. If they play the same against the Clones it will be another loss for Ya'll.

3. acoustimac

acoustimac Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Associate Professor
    Lamoni, IA
    I'd disagree on the recruiting piece. Next year's class is a top notch one. Good start on the class after that. Still feel this missing piece here is at post...especially after losing the player that will never be named.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. ISU71

ISU71 Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Its not shaping up at this point to be a very good conference season. The Big 12 is tough.

5. Bryce7

Bryce7 Well-Known Member

May 4, 2016
    Male
    Consultant
    Where have we heard this before. Football? The CPR hype machine.

6. ISC

ISC Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Computer Programmer
    Iowa
    Considering all 3 of next year's recruits are on the McDonald's all america nominee list, I'd say that's a pretty solid recruiting class!

• Like Like x 1
  7. geewago

geewago Active Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Waco,tx
    Well I sure hope you're right. I've seen several McDonalds all americans come through Waco that didn't pan out very well though. I put a lot more stock in Hoops rankings myself.

8. acoustimac

acoustimac Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Associate Professor
    Lamoni, IA
    Hoops rankings are pretty solid on this crew. Post player is the #1 junior college player in the country. The three frosh are all exceptional. ESPN has Wise with a 96 score, Johnson and Scott both with a 90.