The new coach is...you heard it here first

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by lmsoup, Nov 27, 2006.

1. lmsoup

lmsoup Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Cedar Falls, IA
    #1 lmsoup, Nov 27, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2006
    OK..maybe not first...but it is Bo Pellini...good source is telling me.

2. edenclone

edenclone Member

Oct 23, 2006
    Aren't you a poster that said that you were sure it's Harbaugh?? How good are your sources??!!! Honest question.

3. lmsoup

lmsoup Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Nope...not me on the Harbaugh thing. I've only posted a couple of times on this board. If you are a cyclone fan, you would know the source I am talking to by name.

4. edenclone

edenclone Member

Oct 23, 2006
    But you have posted on other boards and said Harbaugh though right?

Not trying to denounce you at all, just thought I remembered you saying that the rumors of Harbaugh being the guy were true.

5. stepha4

stepha4 Member

May 3, 2006
    I'm starting to believe the Bo P. stuff.....honestly not too excited. Can somebody enlightening me on his credentials. I know he wasn't good enough for Nebraska.

6. Michael Lastuvka

Aug 21, 2006
    Des Moines
    If he is our next coach, you should be excited. He's one of the brightest defensive minds in football, college or NFL. He's got an amazing resume that includes playing for Ohio State, coaching for three NFL teams (49ers, Patriots, Packers), and three college stints (Nebraska, Oklahoma, LSU).

Combining all that with his hunger to be a head coach, connections to other highly respected coaches, and familiarity with multiple territories as far as recruiting goes, ISU would be truly blessed to get him.

7. ljs6756

ljs6756 Member

Apr 10, 2006
    I can see with Bo P, Iowa State moving up and forward. But what does Brian Kelly have that will take us to the next level ???

8. VII_Fe

VII_Fe Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Mahomet, IL
    This is the dumbest phrase thrown around the past month in regards to the Head Coaching position at Iowa State.

The next level at Iowa State begins with 15,000 seats being added to Jack Trice and then selling 50,000 season tickets instead of 30,000. WE ARE DEAD LAST IN FOOTBALL SPENDING IN THE BIG XII.

A different coach is not going to change that fact.

I was critical of the Mac situation, but am now very excited about new leadership. With that being said, a new coach alone won't create a consistent winner unless 20,000 more fans are willing to pony up for season tickets to watch his team and help us compete from a financial standpoint.

9. dmclone

dmclone Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2006

Well guess what.....if you win then you will sell more tickets. It always seems to work out that way.