The NCAA tournament will be closed to fans

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Wow...I mean, the sh!t's been real for a while now, but something like this makes me at least realized just how real this sh!t is.

That sucks; I mean, I'll still watch, because this is my favorite time of year as a sports fan, but wow...won't be nearly the same.

This is becoming more and more surreal by the minute.

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008
Well this will be interesting to watch on TV.

Every game will be like the weird early games on the first day of the tourney where the crowd is sparse and crazy upsets happen.

Also, imagine playing the final four in an empty football stadium.

• Agree
Reactions: CycoCyclone

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
This will be an amazing year to watch basketball on TV. We will be able to tell our grand kids "back in the 2020's there was a year where there were no fans".

Many players (especially pro) say they play for the love of the game, I guess they will have their chance to do just that.

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
It will seem weird. Our company is putting together the court for the Omaha site, and we're assuming that we are included in the "essential personnel" (we're supposed to have people on site in case something on the floor needs repair), but who knows?

That seems essential to me. Floor separates or needs fixed, game cancelled otherwise? Makes me think of the time they had to repair the turf at a big time football game a couple of years ago (can't remember if it was a conference championship or playoff game...).

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
That seems essential to me. Floor separates or needs fixed, game cancelled otherwise? Makes me think of the time they had to repair the turf at a big time football game a couple of years ago (can't remember if it was a conference championship or playoff game...).

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is. I think we only need 1 or 2 people there, so it's not like we're bringing a crowd. Now I kinda wish I was going lol (I had a chance to do it last year and said no because I didn't want to miss any Cyclone games (you have to stay the entire session on both days).