The Mandalorian (with Spoilers)

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Fridays episode (Chapter 13) is written and directed by Dave Filoni, so I have to think this would be Ahsoka’s live-action debut. The last episode Filoni both wrote & directed was Chapter 5: The Gunslinger, where we got a glimpse of a mysterious figure in the Tatooine desert standing over the body of the mercenary played by Ming-Na Wen. It was assumed that this was Boba Fett, but I personally like the idea of this being Commander Rex. That would allow Finoli to continue the story of Ahsoka-Rex and it also gives a reason to go back to Tatooine in later episodes or spin-off series. There’s not really a reason for Djin to go back to Tatooine if this isn’t the case.

I am not sure if Commander Rex could live much longer. The clones had genes that allowed them to grow at an accelerated rate, so five years after Endor (which Star Wars said Rex as on the forest floor) would probably make him cane walking old.

As for these figures that we have seen on Tatooine in Season 1 and Season 2, I have no idea who they could be. I presume they are just more bounty hunters working for the Empire being a step behind Mando.

Reactions: Fitzy

JeanValette

Feb 15, 2016
Minnesota
Did anyone notice Luke’s music twin suns theme at the end. What are the chances we get Luke showing up? Who would play him?
I wouldn't bet on it. But since baby Yoda is (probably) going to be visited by a force ghost of some sort a lot of options are going to be on the table.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Did anyone notice Luke’s music twin suns theme at the end. What are the chances we get Luke showing up? Who would play him?

One thing that kind of annoys me is the fact that Luke was a major part of the rebellion in the later part, with Ashoka being involved early on. It bugs me that someone wasn’t like “hey, we have two force users, maybe we should introduce them?”

Reactions: khardbored

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Just like in Rogue One and Rise of Skywalker*, it is fun to watch a Lightsaber wielder taking down regular grunts.

I left out the Prequels because Droids don't count.
The headshot Mando put to that roof droid at the end made me giddy. But yeah Ahsoka lethally running her sabres through that town was so damn cool.

Reactions: great2baclone

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
No one is bringing up the bombshell of Thrawn being name-dropped and may make a live-action debut in the future? Wonder if Moff Gideon is working for him or has his own separate faction.
Hopefully that’s not just a nod to fans and they dig into that more down the road.

• Agree
Reactions: mramseyISU

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
There was a lot to unpack this week for the super nerd. Thrawn is obviously huge and maybe he’ll be the next jump over from the animation side but Tython HOLY ****. I loved reading about the really old pre KOTOR stuff so that was a really exciting name drop. Maybe one day we’ll see the great hyperspace war on screen too.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

If Luke does show up, then where does that leave Grogu in Ep 7-9? Presumably, the only way to make him not in those movies would be that he's dead or not pursuing Jedi training. There's no way that Disney allows him to be killed off, this isn't HBO.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Semi unrelated but did anyone watch the Lego Stars Wars Christmas special on D+? Thought it was fun had a nice poke to the Mandalorian. Plus they tossed in some time travel to connect the various generations.

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Semi unrelated but did anyone watch the Lego Stars Wars Christmas special on D+? Thought it was fun had a nice poke to the Mandalorian. Plus they tossed in some time travel to connect the various generations.

I liked all the parts where they made fun of the sequel trilogy.

Another note: I think thrawn might be a audience tester. I could see an ahsoka spin off series related to her tracking down ezra/thrawn. Tease them some in mandalorian so they can bring more of that audience to a new show.

Reactions: bos

UnCytely

SuperFanatic
Sep 24, 2017
Council Bluffs, Iowa
I am not sure if Commander Rex could live much longer. The clones had genes that allowed them to grow at an accelerated rate, so five years after Endor (which Star Wars said Rex as on the forest floor) would probably make him cane walking old.

Rex is semi-officially in Return of the Jedi. The Mandalorian is only a few years later, so it would not be out of the question. I do agree, though, that that mostly-hidden figure was supposed to be Boba Fett.

https://www.slashfilm.com/dave-filoni-confirms-captain-rex-in-return-of-the-jedi/