The Mandalorian (with Spoilers)

• A special donor has agreed to match donations made to the We Will Collective in March, up to $200,000. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
After the Mandalorian and the want to be young Guild member teamed up to bring in the woman who was the bounty, the young guy (sorry, forgot his name) killed her. They later showed someone walk up to her body but only showed the lower part of his body. This was the same planet so it is assumed that the person was Boba, correct?

Can someone give me a brief overview of the relationship between Jango, Boba, and the rest of the clones. I have watched all of the episodes but I don't know if I ever understood it all. How did this relationship involve Mandalorians?

Jango was a bounty hunter who was actually not a Mandalorian. I don't know how he got his armor but he was disavowed by Mandalore. He was probably the best Bounty Hunter in the galaxy which is why he was recruited to be the prototype for the clone army. Really isn't much relationship between him and Mandalorians.

Reactions: ISUguy

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Jango was a bounty hunter who was actually not a Mandalorian. I don't know how he got his armor but he was disavowed by Mandalore. He was probably the best Bounty Hunter in the galaxy which is why he was recruited to be the prototype for the clone army. Really isn't much relationship between him and Mandalorians.
To add to that, Jango asked that one clone be given to him so he could have a son. That clone was Boba. The clone army was modified to age faster, but Boba did not have that modification, so he ages like a normal person.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Olyphant has now played a "marshal" in at least 3 prominent series. This one is not Raylanesque, but still a fine character.

Technically Olyphant has played a Marshal in 4 prominent series. He was a marshal in Deadwood for all of 10 minutes at the beginning of the series and then was a marshal again in the movie. So that makes him a marshal in Deadwood, Justified, Fargo (He plays one in the new season), and now the Mandalorian. The guy knows how to marshal is all I'm saying.

Last edited:

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
I love that they are keeping with the Western Themes. Outsider coming to town, first there is a terse standoff, then they join forces with the natives to defeat a common threat. Good story telling and action. What Star Wars should be.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
I love that they are keeping with the Western Themes. Outsider coming to town, first there is a terse standoff, then they join forces with the natives to defeat a common threat. Good story telling and action. What Star Wars should be.
Agree, this series is the best when they lean hard into the western gunslinger motif (even when they push it a bit and make his armor sound like spurs in the bar, lol)

Interested to see how much Fett plays into the show. I know Filoni is a big fan of the fallen/troubled mentor motif (Maul with Ezra, Anakin with Ashoka), curious if that becomes a plot line.

Looking forward to more darksaber (and hopefully Sabine)

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
I agree. The best Star Wars is when the space wizards with laser swords are used sparingly.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I agree. The best Star Wars is when the space wizards with laser swords are used sparingly.

How dare you.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Cycho1

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Yeah that I think was supposed to play as comic relief, but especially juxtaposed against the concept of the episode (she's finally found a safe planet for her family and needs Mando to get her there) it just seemed incredibly dark.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Anyone think that pearl from the krayt dragon was used to power darth krayt's light sabre? Any possible future connection?

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
I couldn’t sleep last night so I got up at 4:30 and watched the new episode this morning. Solid episode this week. Ashoka is coming soon.

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
That was a fun episode. Felt like last and this episode could have been one long episode, but split it in half.

It looks like Ashoka will be in 2 episodes, which is filoni's episode to direct.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I enjoyed that Bo Kagan made an appearance. I hope she’s in more episodes.

Looking forward to Ashoka in the near future.

• Agree
Reactions: SECyclone

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

"The Marshal" could just as easily have been a villain like Hackman in Unforgiven.

Probably need some sort of really powered up alien or robot in that kind of role though. Mando and allies are formidable.

This series is exactly what I dreamt of as a kid from about '85-'99 during the star wars drought. More than the books and comics I read those years although some of those were good.

Last edited:

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
This is playing out to be moderately epic. Interesting how Mandalorian is it's own "thing," yet exists side-by-side in the larger star wars universe.

Can't wait to see an entire race of Yoda's someday, hopefully.