The Mandalorian (with Spoilers)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Olyphant has now played a "marshal" in at least 3 prominent series. This one is not Raylanesque, but still a fine character.

Still, a perfect fit for this role. I was kind of disappointed last year when they killed off the ugnaught and IG because they had the makings of a fun crew. If they bring him back somehow, Olyphant would help replace that. The lines between him and Carl Weathers would be great.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Solid first episode. I didn't go back and watch season 1 again (mistake I know). Was the guy at the end in season 1 and should I know who that was already?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
So was that Boba or a clone at the end? I'm thinking Boba because all the clones should be old men by now. Not that he looked young exactly, but didn't quite look Rex old. Can't wait to find out!

Reactions: isutrevman

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
So was that Boba or a clone at the end? I'm thinking Boba because all the clones should be old men by now. Not that he looked young exactly, but didn't quite look Rex old. Can't wait to find out!

It was Boba. He looked kind of old. With no hair it's kind of hard to age someone.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
In a book written way back in the 90's (before Disney and before all old books were declared "legends") - I think it was "Tales of the Bounty Hunters" (read it ... 22+ years ago so going from memory!) ---

Boba Fett escapes from the pit of Sarlaac by blowing himself out with a grenade. He barely survives (due to the Mandalorian armor). Dengar finds him and nurses him back to health.

Based on the timeline since Ep. 2, he'd be somewhere in the neighborhood of 48-50 years old.

I figure a 48 year old who lived in the stomach of a great beast for a few days probably lost all his body hair from the stomach acid, and has all kinds of scars from the explosion.

That pretty much matches the guy at the end of the last episode (and it was the same actor who played Jango Fett and all the clones, remembering that Boba was also a clone of Jango). My conclusion = it has to be Boba Fett.

Edit: After checking some timelines, it's 26 years between Episode 2 and Episode 6. Then 6 years from Episode 6 to "The Mandalorian" so 32 total years elapsed. The actor who played young Boba in Ep. 2 was 13 years old at the time of filming. So that would now "make" Boba age 45. That's a hard 45, but I still think it is Boba Fett. A surviving clone would look much older (mid 80's roughly) since they age at about double the normal rate. He didn't look that old.

Last edited:

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
In a book written way back in the 90's (before Disney and before all old books were declared "legends") - I think it was "Tales of the Bounty Hunters" (read it ... 22+ years ago so going from memory!) ---

Boba Fett escapes from the pit of Sarlaac by blowing himself out with a grenade. He barely survives (due to the Mandalorian armor). Dengar finds him and nurses him back to health.

Based on the timeline since Ep. 2, he'd be somewhere in the neighborhood of 48-50 years old.

I figure a 48 year old who lived in the stomach of a great beast for a few days probably lost all his body hair from the stomach acid, and has all kinds of scars from the explosion.

That pretty much matches the guy at the end of the last episode (and it was the same actor who played Jango Fett and all the clones, remembering that Boba was also a clone of Jango). My conclusion = it has to be Boba Fett.

Edit: After checking some timelines, it's 26 years between Episode 2 and Episode 6. Then 6 years from Episode 6 to "The Mandalorian" so 32 total years elapsed. The actor who played young Boba in Ep. 2 was 13 years old at the time of filming. So that would now "make" Boba age 45. That's a hard 45, but I still think it is Boba Fett. A surviving clone would look much older (mid 80's roughly) since they age at about double the normal rate. He didn't look that old.
I read those legends anthology books and remember the Boba Fett story. It would be cool if they made that canon.

Reactions: khardbored

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA

So that's Boba Fett's armor that the marshall had, right? I thought they also claimed that the Krayte dragon killed the snarlaac? Maybe in the show, that will be how Boba Fett escaped from the snarlaac, but somehow lost his armor.

GBlade

Mar 9, 2014
Or sold/traded his armor to the Jawa.

It was certainly an interesting way to reveal Boba Fett. I wonder how many recognised him. I yelled WTF at the episode's end.

Reactions: keepngoal

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Or sold/traded his armor to the Jawa.

It was certainly an interesting way to reveal Boba Fett. I wonder how many recognised him. I yelled WTF at the episode's end.

I am curious though, there was the episode in season 1 where the woman was tied up and we saw someone walk up with the spurs sound effect that Boba had in the OT, and everybody thought that was Boba. But if he didn't have his armor... who was it?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I am curious though, there was the episode in season 1 where the woman was tied up and we saw someone walk up with the spurs sound effect that Boba had in the OT, and everybody thought that was Boba. But if he didn't have his armor... who was it?
I just assume it was the marshall.

ISUguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
After the Mandalorian and the want to be young Guild member teamed up to bring in the woman who was the bounty, the young guy (sorry, forgot his name) killed her. They later showed someone walk up to her body but only showed the lower part of his body. This was the same planet so it is assumed that the person was Boba, correct?

Can someone give me a brief overview of the relationship between Jango, Boba, and the rest of the clones. I have watched all of the episodes but I don't know if I ever understood it all. How did this relationship involve Mandalorians?