The Mandalorian (with Spoilers)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
I just finished episode one and felt this needed it's own thread.

I was super impressed, the early world building looks solid in the initial episode and Pascal plays a cool gun-slinger very well! Dissapointed I will have to wait a few days til the next episode but I am all in on the series.

And OH MY GOD THAT ENDING!!!

I am not even sure what to even say about the reveal at the end but obviously has huge implication for the larger universe. I always thought Yoda's race was extinct but don't know where I heard that story.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I just finished episode one and felt this needed it's own thread.

I was super impressed, the early world building looks solid in the initial episode and Pascal plays a cool gun-slinger very well! Dissapointed I will have to wait a few days til the next episode but I am all in on the series.

And OH MY GOD THAT ENDING!!!

I am not even sure what to even say about the reveal at the end but obviously has huge implication for the larger universe. I always thought Yoda's race was extinct but don't know where I heard that story.
I agree - that was an incredible ending. Did NOT see that coming at all. Makes me even more excited about this series. The entire episode was cool - but a few times I was thinking "Isn't this just Star Wars in the Wild, Wild West (complete with a scene of trying to tame a wild beast, and entering an "ambush" in an old west town)?" To my delight, it appears to be much more than just a Space Western (in the literal sense).

• Agree
Reactions: Cycho1

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
That ending...

giphy.gif

Loved it. Can't wait to see where this goes.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
We (my kids and I) were trying to guess the whole time who the target of the bounty might be.

Our first guess was Mace Windu somehow survived, he might be about 50??? But then again, not exactly sure where this is set in the timeline. Post ROTJ?

It's a baby Yoda!!!! :p

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Production was top notch. I was a little disappointed in the lack of background. Maybe I'm missing a significant piece of the Canon, but I don't really know much about this tribe and there wasn't much reveal. They indicated that the metal is critical to his people, but there wasn't much as to why. Maybe that'll be flushed out in future episodes, but I was constantly thinking about whether I should know something more.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Production was top notch. I was a little disappointed in the lack of background. Maybe I'm missing a significant piece of the Canon, but I don't really know much about this tribe and there wasn't much reveal. They indicated that the metal is critical to his people, but there wasn't much as to why. Maybe that'll be flushed out in future episodes, but I was constantly thinking about whether I should know something more.
I felt that way to fwiw

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA

Definitely felt like they were going for tone in the first episode, while leaving just enough new lore bits to get you wanting more.

Reactions: Bret44

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
We (my kids and I) were trying to guess the whole time who the target of the bounty might be.

Our first guess was Mace Windu somehow survived, he might be about 50??? But then again, not exactly sure where this is set in the timeline. Post ROTJ?

It's a baby Yoda!!!! :p

I was kind of thinking it'd be someone from the movies. But I really hope this series stays away from everyone being related to everyone in the movies. It's a big universe, there are other people to tell stories about.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
I was kind of thinking it'd be someone from the movies. But I really hope this series stays away from everyone being related to everyone in the movies. It's a big universe, there are other people to tell stories about.

I wouldn't mind just a LITTLE bit of tie in to the original trilogy. Not too much ... don't want CGI Tarkin to come back from the grave or anything .... :)

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
Most of the metal used in mandalorian armor is beskar. And that metal is only found on mandalore.

I'm sure they will slowly reveal his back story as the episodes progress. It'll then reveal his tribe or that he doesn't have one. I'm leaning towards he isn't a true mando but becomes one by the end.

Reactions: Bret44

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
Most of the metal used in mandalorian armor is beskar. And that metal is only found on mandalore.

I'm sure they will slowly reveal his back story as the episodes progress. It'll then reveal his tribe or that he doesn't have one. I'm leaning towards he isn't a true mando but becomes one by the end.

That was my sense as well. The first episode was designed to leave more questions than answers, which for me it did big time!

There is a lot of Mandalore background in the Clone Wars cartoon series, which is really good, for those interested.

I like the idea of a loose universal connection to the larger series but not making it a 'spin off' type thing. Seeing the IG droid and other callbacks are cool but I hope they leave it at that!

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
That was my sense as well. The first episode was designed to leave more questions than answers, which for me it did big time!

There is a lot of Mandalore background in the Clone Wars cartoon series, which is really good, for those interested.

I like the idea of a loose universal connection to the larger series but not making it a 'spin off' type thing. Seeing the IG droid and other callbacks are cool but I hope they leave it at that!

One of my favorite Star Wars books is the short stories on the Bounty Hunters that are chasing down Han. There is a chapter on the IG droid.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Any one else notice that the Mandalorian's weapon is essentially the same weapon Boba Fett used in the 1978 Holiday Special? And, he used it on something that looked kinda like a Dragon? (I was hoping he would ride it!!!) :)

43153-d2dd779b850baa0f4fa27851515f666b.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-11-13 at 8.24.21 AM.png
    Screenshot 2019-11-13 at 8.24.21 AM.png
    77.6 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: helechopper

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
Any one else notice that the Mandalorian's weapon is essentially the same weapon Boba Fett used in the 1978 Holiday Special? And, he used it on something that looked kinda like a Dragon? (I was hoping he would ride it!!!) :)

43153-d2dd779b850baa0f4fa27851515f666b.jpg

I think I remember John mentioning that the holiday special has some inspiration on this new series. Ill probably watch each episode a few times to look for different Easter eggs.

Reactions: khardbored