The Mandalorian (with Spoilers)

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010

This is the episode of Disney Gallery; The Mandalorian I was referencing (Episode 4). It's incredible what they can do with this studio, and you can't really appreciate it until you watch.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Thanks all. I’ve seen 4 through 7 as well as 1 (that thing was weird af IMO). So I should be good to go then I believe. I still want to watch the rest of them. I start rogue one with little JM but he for some reason was convinced Luke was in it so he through a shitfit and we didn’t finish it.

You should watch Star Wars Rebels (animated) with your 5 yo. We watched Rebels as it aired with my family including my wife and we really enjoyed watching it. IMO it's absolutely fantastic.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
A crazy thing is happening in weird corners of the Star Wars nerd internet...regarding a new growing dislike of Rogue One and even The Mandalorian.

There is a growing cult that thinks the prequel trilogy is the greatest thing in movie history, they do like the original trilogy to a lesser degree...but 100% of Disney era Star Wars is total garbage, not just the sequel trilogy but Rogue One and The Mandalorian too.

I talked with someone the other day whose opinion was that Episode 1-6 are all perfect, but Rogue One and Mandalorian suck. I can barely wrap my brain around it.

The animated series twist these people because it's so much prequel trilogy which is their reason for living...but now Mando is tying it into the "EVIL" Disney days.

It's basically everything Lucas is perfect, everything non-Lucas is trash.

I actually kind of thought Rogue One was a mess. It had good moments but never really got me to care about most of the characters.

But yeah, i've seen what you're talking about too. I think a lot of it is a generational gap. For a long time we had people who watched star wars in their younger age who panned the prequels when they watched it at an older age. Now we have a generation that watched the prequels at that younger age and theyre more appreciative of it.

The sequel trilogy is just a mess no matter which way you look at it because they had no comprehensive plan. No matter where you fall on each individual movie (I, for instance, happen to think TLJ was one of the best star wars movies), there's no denying that the trilogy was lacking a complete plan and that JJ abrams had some major issues.

Mandalorian made me finally go back and start watching clone wars, which im finding also helps redeem the prequel trilogy a bit (and also adds more evidence to the idea that maybe star wars's best future lies on television)

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
A crazy thing is happening in weird corners of the Star Wars nerd internet...regarding a new growing dislike of Rogue One and even The Mandalorian.

There is a growing cult that thinks the prequel trilogy is the greatest thing in movie history, they do like the original trilogy to a lesser degree...but 100% of Disney era Star Wars is total garbage, not just the sequel trilogy but Rogue One and The Mandalorian too.

I talked with someone the other day whose opinion was that Episode 1-6 are all perfect, but Rogue One and Mandalorian suck. I can barely wrap my brain around it.

The animated series twist these people because it's so much prequel trilogy which is their reason for living...but now Mando is tying it into the "EVIL" Disney days.

It's basically everything Lucas is perfect, everything non-Lucas is trash.
Anakin and Padme bored me to tears. Neither could act their way out of a wet paper bag. I'm a fan of Liam Neeson and Ewan MacGregor, and I feel like they were the saving graces of the prequel trilogy.
And I'm one of the half-dozen fools on the planet who actually LIKE Jar-Jar. He's just stupid enough to be funny.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I was a little kid when Return of the Jedi came out. Not a fan of the prequels. Not a fan of the sequel trilogy either. Didn't like the Clone Wars (tried to watch it with my kid). Did like Rebels however.

But I am a fan of Rogue One and The Mandalorian. Also didn't mind Solo.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I was a little kid when Return of the Jedi came out. Not a fan of the prequels. Not a fan of the sequel trilogy either. Didn't like the Clone Wars (tried to watch it with my kid). Did like Rebels however.

But I am a fan of Rogue One and The Mandalorian. Also didn't mind Solo.

I'm about the same, except got some Empire as a kid too. I was HARD CORE into original trilogy Star Wars during the long wait between the prequels and original trilogy. It was a time where even a kid with part time job money could buy every book, comic, trading card and collectible that came out because it was such a lull. There were some comics and novels in that period that probably weren't that great, but they were to me because of my age.

Aspects of the prequel trilogy have grown on me (still terribly flawed movies) and I never hated the animated clone wars, but this new expanding cult online that thinks 1-3 are the best of the entire Star Wars universe is baffling to me.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I actually kind of thought Rogue One was a mess. It had good moments but never really got me to care about most of the characters.

But yeah, i've seen what you're talking about too. I think a lot of it is a generational gap. For a long time we had people who watched star wars in their younger age who panned the prequels when they watched it at an older age. Now we have a generation that watched the prequels at that younger age and theyre more appreciative of it.

The sequel trilogy is just a mess no matter which way you look at it because they had no comprehensive plan. No matter where you fall on each individual movie (I, for instance, happen to think TLJ was one of the best star wars movies), there's no denying that the trilogy was lacking a complete plan and that JJ abrams had some major issues.

Mandalorian made me finally go back and start watching clone wars, which im finding also helps redeem the prequel trilogy a bit (and also adds more evidence to the idea that maybe star wars's best future lies on television)

same on Rogue One. The first 30 minutes are just terrible moviemaking IMO. Redeems itself with K2SO and the Vader hallway.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Finished season 1 w/ little JM. Damn. I was entertained way more than I expected. Hopefully I’m not in the minority. That’s a good show. And what in the f***? Bill Burr???

Reactions: CloniesForLife

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
Finished season 1 w/ little JM. Damn. I was entertained way more than I expected. Hopefully I’m not in the minority. That’s a good show. And what in the f***? Bill Burr???

I don't think you in the minority. It's good, quality star wars in short blasts. Bonus points for the episodes more or less being able to stand alone.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I don't think you in the minority. It's good, quality star wars in short blasts. Bonus points for the episodes more or less being able to stand alone.
I just finished those prequels as well. Woof. The mandolorian is way better

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Great SW: Original trilogy, Clone Wars, Rebels, Mandalorian, Rogue One, and Solo

Meh SW: Prequel trilogy

Bad SW: Sequel trilogy, The Resistance, Clone Wars animated movie, and SW Holiday special
I will say, little JM absolutely loves episode 3 because of the last 40 min or so. I can’t put my finger on why it just doesn’t do it for me. I did think the guy that played Obi Wan did a good job.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
I will say, little JM absolutely loves episode 3 because of the last 40 min or so. I can’t put my finger on why it just doesn’t do it for me. I did think the guy that played Obi Wan did a good job.

Ewan McGregor will reprise Obi-Wan for his self-titled series on Disney+ in the future.

Honesty at first I hated Jar Jar in the prequels, however when I rewatched them in the last year with my son, I thought Anakin ruined the series, not Jar Jar.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Ewan McGregor will reprise Obi-Wan for his self-titled series on Disney+ in the future.

Honesty at first I hated Jar Jar in the prequels, however when I rewatched them in the last year with my son, I thought Anakin ruined the series, not Jar Jar.
Agreed. I feel like they had the same problem with the guy they cast for Kylo Ren, an emo looking little brat kid.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Agreed. I feel like they had the same problem with the guy they cast for Kylo Ren, an emo looking little brat kid.
I changed my mind on him after watching some of his other movies, I think it was a bad script.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I love Adam Driver and I honestly thought he was great as Kylo. He and Daisy Ridley are what I actually liked about the sequel trilogy. I thought it started breaking down when we got away from them.

• Agree
Reactions: HFCS

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Ok finished season two last night and somehow forgot to post about it.

OH. MY. GOD.

I’m decades late to the Star Wars party and just started watching the movies during the rona. I had no idea how invested I was in this show. When Luke revealed himself, little JM (who’s 5) and I (balding middle aged man) were LITERALLY jumping up and down and high fiving each other yelling “it’s Luke!! It’s Luke!!” My son legit cried he was so excited because he loves him so much and is beyond pissed and doesn’t understand whyLuke isn’t in ever movie. (Can’t say I blame him)

I never could understand what in the hell the deal with “Star Wars Culture” is growing up and up until now. I totally get it now and will never judge again. In my excitement after the episode I spent 50 bucks on a Lego “Razorcrest” ship for the boy. (Because, after all......This is the Way.)