The MAC cancels its fall football season

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Sturgis this weekend should put everyone's assumptions to the test. 250,000 people from across the country gathering in one location. It will either spike positive cases across the country or show that large gatherings can happen without dire consequences.

I personally hope for the latter as I so want to be in JTS this fall!:campbell:
Whats the average age of the sturgis crowd?

cyfanbr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2013
IL
Sturgis this weekend should put everyone's assumptions to the test. 250,000 people from across the country gathering in one location. It will either spike positive cases across the country or show that large gatherings can happen without dire consequences.

what else is there to be tested? This is not rocket science folks... person A has a contagious virus, then person A goes to a large event. Person A will expose multiple people to that disease. There is no if, buts or whatever else you are thinking. Want this to get under control? Wear masks, social distance, and avoid big crowds. It is so simple that it pains me that people can’t even do that.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I just feel like everything that is being done in regards to sports outside of a professional style bubble is a needless perpetuation of the virus andis just another small ingredient in the recipe to extending the abnormality. I shouldn’t be amazed but the lack of resolve in this country based around the “need” to have nice things is pathetic.

Our instant gratification lifestyle is catching up to us and people are still bewildered as to why things are getting postponed/cancelled.

I've had some inklings that younger people are used to things just 'happening' without working through a process to get there but it's every generation/age group.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Well you won't be in JTS

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Lol the thought process of leaders of college football have similar thoughts to many on here and now I see why cfball is screwed..

Give away 7th a,mendment? 1st and 2nd amendment? Wtf? Lmfao..

I guess my company has violated all My rights then. Where’s my lawyer.

jesus.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Lol the thought process of leaders of college football have similar thoughts to many on here and now I see why cfball is screwed..

jesus.

I need a dumb button, jfc.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
200.gif

Reactions: psychlone99

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

jesus.
Gee, if only these players were employees...

Curse that blasted term "student athlete"!!!!

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Most that would be saying 'i told you so' are simply hoping that it makes the people who didnt listen before listen now. Because it is the people who downplayed this, the people who pushed a premature reopening, the people who refused to wear masks.. they are the reason we probably wont even have a fan-less football season, something other countries would have been able to pull off.

I'm not optimistic about people finally sprouting some self-awareness though. They'll be the loudest ones ******** about no football when it was their actions that caused it.

Great post!

I'm not saying "I told you so" about being right all summer long about there not being football this fall..... I want it just as bad as anyone, but I knew that nobody was going to do what was needed to be able to have it this fall.

So, I'm just hoping by saying "I told you so"... that all these people that went out and enjoyed their summers just like nothing was happening, while I stayed inside and did not have an enjoyable summer in order to protect myself and others, will hopefully listen now so that maybe we can spend time with loved ones over Thanksgiving and Christmas somehow??

I'm very doubtful even about that at this point, but it's something to look forward to. But when I see 250,000 people minimum gathering in Sturgis, it really makes me wonder the overall intelligence level of this country. As a guy on the news said the other night.... the rest of the world looks at Sturgis right now and just laughs at us.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois

jesus.
The only right that’s been violated here is your right to be assumed to be intelligent until proof presented otherwise.
So, thanks for the proof otherwise, I guess?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron