The Last of Us HBO series

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Richter's " On the Nature of Daylight" is good at drawing tears. This is the same song that plays at the end of Arrival. If you know the scene you know tears were shed.
You know I noticed that song and thought I'd heard it somewhere but didn't make the connection to Arrival. It is a beautiful and haunting song. I saw Arrival in the theater. I was going through some personal stuff so I was emotionally raw anyways and the end of that movie wrecked me. That song definitely evokes those emotions.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
My buddy doesn’t love these types of shows but I got him to just watch these first three episodes.

He just messaged me: ‘I just threw up watching episode 3’ and I was like why? And he said ‘from crying so hard’

Lol but also…I feel that.

Reactions: NorthCyd

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I will say that the only bad part of last night's episode is that we don't get anymore Bill or Frank. Crazy how quickly this show makes you attached to characters and then in the back of your mind you know there is a really good chance they will be dead. Thought the Frank actor looked familiar he was in season 1 of the White Lotus. Nick Offerman as Bill was a perfect casting and he played it well.

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
I will say that the only bad part of last night's episode is that we don't get anymore Bill or Frank. Crazy how quickly this show makes you attached to characters and then in the back of your mind you know there is a really good chance they will be dead. Thought the Frank actor looked familiar he was in season 1 of the White Lotus. Nick Offerman as Bill was a perfect casting and he played it well.
He was my favorite character in White Lotus. He did a great job which is no surprise since he won an Emmy for it I believe. Pleasantly surprised to see him in TLOU, and too bad it’s just one episode.

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
Yeah, the only thing I missed from changing this part of the story is the Bill and Ellie banter. I was really looking forward to those two meeting up.
I think both mediums (video game & show) did it about as well as they could for what they were going for. The video game had to tell Bill's story from Joel's point of view and that required Bill being alive. You can discover Bill's story if you really dig in and find stuff, but having just a note left behind wouldn't have given you any real idea of who Bill was and his connection to Joel (other than maybe reading notes). Joel wouldn't volunteer that information from his perspective, regardless. The show has more freedom in that aspect, and it's a huge reason I'm glad they aren't just recreating the game scene for scene.

Reactions: SimpsonClone

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Some well thought out counterpoints to those crying "woke".

I’m not even going to acknowledge that BS whining about “woke.” The two characters were gay. Big ******* deal. So are hundreds of millions of people in the real world and nobody with an ounce of life experience or basic decency cares about someone’s orientation (unless you are trying to date or hook up with them).

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Some well thought out counterpoints to those crying "woke".

I know am preaching to the choir in this thread but the people screaming woke whenever there are LGBTQ characters is so annoying. You see this a lot in franchises like Marvel or something similar where a character is either now written as LGBTQ or they add a character who is LGBTQ. Inevitably the mouth breathers scream that they're just trying to be woke. Traditionally there have never been these characters so they're going to have to add them somehow. These people just need to be ignored. It's all just homophobia

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I know am preaching to the choir in this thread but the people screaming woke whenever there are LGBTQ characters is so annoying. You see this a lot in franchises like Marvel or something similar where a character is either now written as LGBTQ or they add a character who is LGBTQ. Inevitably the mouth breathers scream that they're just trying to be woke. Traditionally there have never been these characters so they're going to have to add them somehow. These people just need to be ignored. It's all just homophobia

Wait until they get to season 2, especially with this season picking up such a large audience, some heads will really explode.

• Agree
Reactions: 1100011CS

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

Huh huh huh huh. He said boner.

beavis-and-butt-head-boing.gif

Reactions: isucyfan

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

Strange how those same people didn't argue with the same vigor during scenes in GoT when two women were actually having sex. It's only when two men are involved that it becomes icky.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Wait until they get to season 2, especially with this season picking up such a large audience, some heads will really explode.
I cant imagine this season covering the whole first game. I'm not sure Bella Ramsey is going to look old enough to be convincing as Elle in part 2.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I cant imagine this season covering the whole first game. I'm not sure Bella Ramsey is going to look old enough to be convincing as Elle in part 2.
She's 19 years old right now and I don't think they will recast her, so what you see is what you're going to get I think.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Offerman was on Kimmel last night and talks about last week's episode and Banjo-Kazooie of all things.

Reactions: Bigman38