The Last Jedi?

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Ray is Palpantines granddaughter and Luke refuses to train her because he senses the evil in her. Kyle Ren can't kill his mom, gets pushed out of the dark side, comes back to take on Rey as the last Jedi in the last one.

WRITE IT DOWN

This makes a lot of sense. I don't see them going back to the "kill your parents" well. I don't see KR offing his mom too.

Have you guys heard this theory that Snoke is like a force vampire sucking the life out of Jedi / Sith to get force juice and heal his broken ***(he appears to be healing over time). Makes some sense in the context of how they'll deal with Leia's exit from the series. Also, maybe they figure out Snoke is some sort of darkside / lightside puppeteer cultivating force users that he can then...feed on. So Kylo (Ben) and Rey bury the hatchet errr light sabre to fight Snoke.

What I saw also couched it in terms of setting up the Old Republic series which Disney will cash in on once Stars Wars ends.

As far as fan fic BS goes it seems kind of legit.

Reactions: SCNCY and CyFit

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
The fact that this movie is completely done and has been for a while IMO is a really good sign. Disney wouldn't just sit on a movie that needed work with 3 months until release. I bet this one is going to be a pretty good time at the theater.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
I liked the trailer. Definitely a strong push or misdirection to make it appear Rey will go to the Dark Side.

What I haven't seen in any of those theories is her relationship/feelings toward Finn.

I do like the idea that Finn/Rey/Kylo team up against Snoke.

What scares me....a royal cliffhanger that basically makes it a two part movie and we'll have to wait for the 3rd one.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
her relationship toward Finn.

There isn't one. Not in this movie at least. Pretty sure they are separated on different missions for most of this episode if not all. Finn may be hooking up with a new character (Rose Tico) while on an undercover mission. In fact, things may get a bit catty in Episode IX when they're finally reunited if he's running around with a new girl. :D

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
So Luke is the technically the last Jedi. But the trailer infers that Rey and KR have something "more" which could make them not Jedi. Someone here already mentioned "grey Jedi". Could be that they are the new breed mixing dark and light.

I really think people are overthinking this. It purposefully has multiple meanings, and production is probably tired of answering the question.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Didn't everyone?
wwhet.gif

Reactions: AmesHawk

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
There isn't one. Not in this movie at least. Pretty sure they are separated on different missions for most of this episode if not all. Finn may be hooking up with a new character (Rose Tico) while on an undercover mission. In fact, things may get a bit catty in Episode IX when they're finally reunited if he's running around with a new girl. :D

Hah! then she'll definitely turn to the dark side and wreak havoc on Finn.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
I haven't seen any of Rian Johnson's other stuff, but I absolutely loved Looper and I loved the way it was shot. I'll have to watch it again one of these nights before TLJ comes out just to get another taste of the vibe he brings.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Woah!

Observations:
- Luke inside the Falcon = cool
- Snoke throne room with red guards that look just like the old action figures = cool
- Medium Transports!
- Very brief glimpse of an X-wing flying over some very large metal thing with turbolazers . . . Death Star #4????

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Woah!

Observations:
- Luke inside the Falcon = cool
- Snoke throne room with red guards that look just like the old action figures = cool
- Medium Transports!
- Very brief glimpse of an X-wing flying over some very large metal thing with turbolazers . . . Death Star #4????
Rey raising her saber to Luke in the ra....wait just a second here...that shot is reversed!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron