The Last Jedi?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I am just not the fanboy I used to be with these movies. I grew up on the original three and still love them. Everything since has been either awful or just ok like The Force Awakens. Honestly, I loved Rogue One and it is my favorite Star Wars movie since Empire Strikes Back. I'll see this for sure because it's an event but I'm not gaga over it.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I am just not the fanboy I used to be with these movies. I grew up on the original three and still love them. Everything since has been either awful or just ok like The Force Awakens. Honestly, I loved Rogue One and it is my favorite Star Wars movie since Empire Strikes Back. I'll see this for sure because it's an event but I'm not gaga over it.

I think I'm alone in liking the Force Awakens more than Rogue One. I need to have John Williams composing.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
I thought Rogue One had the least developed characters of any Star Wars movie. The Force Awakens did what it needed to do, build a bridge between the OT and the new movies while introducing us to new characters.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

I'm there, too. It looks good to me, but as a fallen fanboy, I haven't even seen Rogue One yet. Until you posted the words, I forgot that one happened.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I'm there, too. It looks good to me, but as a fallen fanboy, I haven't even seen Rogue One yet. Until you posted the words, I forgot that one happened.

The Force Awakens restored my faith in the franchise. Character development was important again. I take it you didn't enjoy it? I'm excited to see what Rian Johnson does with the sequel.

Luke Skywalker is finally back. Gotta be worth it just to see him in action again.

TykeClone

Burgermeister!
Oct 18, 2006
I thought Rogue One had the least developed characters of any Star Wars movie. The Force Awakens did what it needed to do, build a bridge between the OT and the new movies while introducing us to new characters.

No - But it was the only Star Wars movie where the main characters were 100% expendable and weren't meant to span multiple movies.

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
17966153_1484179934966936_3833941534862131962_o.jpg

Movie poster.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
The Force Awakens restored my faith in the franchise. Character development was important again. I take it you didn't enjoy it? I'm excited to see what Rian Johnson does with the sequel.

Luke Skywalker is finally back. Gotta be worth it just to see him in action again.

I thought it was OK, but really should have explained some things, even if it was just in the opening crawl, like who the sides were (at all).

I'm pretty meh on Luke. Once the original trilogy showed what Jedi were really known for, he really became a lot less impressive. I'm sure they can build him up to be stronger than they could at the time, and they really ought to.

The new characters have a lot of potential. They're off to a good start there.

Reactions: CYCLNST8

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Here is a potential spoiler:
There is a rumor that Luke Uses the force to manipulate a star destroyer. Would be crazy to seem him use the force to crash a star destroyer but obviously not counting on it.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Here is a potential spoiler:
There is a rumor that Luke Uses the force to manipulate a star destroyer. Would be crazy to seem him use the force to crash a star destroyer but obviously not counting on it.

I remember hearing that rumor while TFA was still in development.

Wouldn't shock me too much. He's had a while to hone his craft. Yoda moved his X Wing without breaking a sweat. I'd bet moving a capital ship would drain one a bit more significantly, however.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
No - But it was the only Star Wars movie where the main characters were 100% expendable and weren't meant to span multiple movies.

Well funny you say that. Rogue One sequel (Rogue Two?) is being talked about with a return of the main characters.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Overall, I am excited to see this movie. While the prequels and force awakens had some things that could have been better, I still greatly enjoy the whole saga.