The infamous holding call

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
DZKmw69VQAAqFcL.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: CyTwins

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Thanks. We're just at the start. He has no offers yet. I'm secretly hoping he has a great baseball season this year and decides he wants to go that route. Supportive either way but your perspective on things def changes when it's your own kid. And fwiw in full disclosure he gets his athletic ability more from his mother than he does me. I was a half - ass high school athlete. Good luck with your kids.
The process is very unique. We have one doing the baseball thing and it is much better than taking a beating everyday.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I would say Alamo Bowl and Outback Bowl are pretty similar and Liberty Bowl and Pinstripe Bowl are pretty similar as far as tiers go.
The Citrus is more similar to the Alamo and the Taxslayer is more similar to the Liberty.

• Funny
Reactions: Gonzo

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
The process is very unique. We have one doing the baseball thing and it is much better than taking a beating everyday.
Agreed. Hard sometimes to let your kids make their own decisions but at the same time you know that they need to. For now i guess just enjoy it and let whatever happens happen.

Reactions: jmb

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

You seem to be taking this personally and that's weird. I think it's great ISU made a ring for their Liberty Bowl win.

Such a Debbie Downer.

• Dumb
Reactions: JP4CY