The infamous holding call

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Why on the planet earth would Parker scream on the sideline about the PI flag there? That was really, really obvious. Like really obvious.

Why does a Bill Self always get a “T”? Coaches work the officials.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Why on the planet earth would Parker scream on the sideline about the PI flag there? That was really, really obvious. Like really obvious.

Because screaming at referees has a cumulative effect and works. Case in point, exhibit A: The holding call on the same play. There is no "High Road". I bet Brian Ferentz and a chorus of dozens were yelling "Hold!!!!" every play since opening kick off. Hell, they do that in high school games.
Man, after seeing this, it is REALLY hard not to call that referee a douche bag for calling that call then in that situation.....he saw something he wished, he wanted, he devined that he wanted to see.

• Dislike
Reactions: khardbored

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Looks even worse from this angle. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

A total officiating failure. I haven't seen it yet myself but I'm told that our guys were set for quite awhile on the play where they were called for not being set for a full second. I'd also be curious to see the hands to the face call.

I'm the last person to claim an officiating conspiracy - I'm more than satisfied chalking it up to basic incompetence - but you start to wonder. Iowa got call after call when they needed one.

CyVoodoo

Dec 7, 2009
I want to know when the flag was thrown. If they waited at all the goes from terrible call to KSU level conspiracy. Why cant we EVER get some home cooking from the refs. We have to get more bad calls at Home than any team in the Country.