The infamous holding call

• Fanatics -

Thank you for your patience today and welcome to the newest version of Cyclone Fanatic!

Most of the changes we have made are very simple, but will greatly improve your user experience while visiting the website.

We have upgraded our forum software to speed things up. Our homepage is much cleaner and should be even more mobile friendly than before.

We appreciate your loyalty and are committed to not only keeping Cyclone Fanatic in tip-top shape, but continuing to build this community for the next decade and beyond.

We ask that if you are experiences any glitches to let us know in this thread . Will will be diligently working on the site all day.

Thanks again.

Chris Williams - Publisher

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
So you're telling me you root for Iowa State when they don't play Iowa?
I said before the Baylor game and after that I preferred that the Clones beat them. Root would be too strong of a word. Baylor is a cesspool as is Penn St and Mich St . All 3 should have been punished much worse. I don't like the Clones but that doesn't mean that I don't have some respect for your players and coaches. They've done things the right way and have improved your program. I'm not claiming to be the morality police whatsoever Its just my opinions.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I said before the Baylor game and after that I preferred that the Clones beat them. Root would be too strong of a word. Baylor is a cesspool as is Penn St and Mich St . All 3 should have been punished much worse. I don't like the Clones but that doesn't mean that I don't have some respect for your players and coaches. They've done things the right way and have improved your program. I'm not claiming to be the morality police whatsoever Its just my opinions.
Do you hope Iowa State wins tomorrow?

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Alamo Bowl > Outback Bowl. Liberty Bowl > Pinstripe Bowl.

Iowa State played the #12 team last year and the #24 team the year before. Iowa played the #18 team last year and an unranked BC team the year before. So the past two years Iowa State has been in better bowl games, yet you're making fun of Iowa State and their bowl games lol.
I would say Alamo Bowl and Outback Bowl are pretty similar and Liberty Bowl and Pinstripe Bowl are pretty similar as far as tiers go.

jmb

Apr 12, 2006
Couldn't care less one way or the other. Didn't even know who they played until you told me. Taking my son on a UNI visit. They play South Dakota. I hope UNI wins.
Your son is being recruited for UNI football?

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Huh. Congratulations. I have sons in two very different sports starting the process.
Thanks. We're just at the start. He has no offers yet. I'm secretly hoping he has a great baseball season this year and decides he wants to go that route. Supportive either way but your perspective on things def changes when it's your own kid. And fwiw in full disclosure he gets his athletic ability more from his mother than he does me. I was a half - ass high school athlete. Good luck with your kids.