[Added Jason Essex] 2022 Class Breakdown

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
It seems like LB from Harlan Will Mclaughlin will be the next commit. Just my guess.

Hope him and Imming can be like the combo of Vance and Rose or Klein and Knott.
Braswell and Gibson, yeah I'm old.
How about Matt Blair (enough said) and Ted Jornov or Brad Storm (both pretty good, both plyed w. Blair, both drafted in 12-13th round! alot of rounds back then!), only 11-13 years earlier.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Reactions: bozclone and t-noah

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
If you could pick, Hoskins or Adams? I saw Eli is helping us with this recruiting battle.
That’s a tough one. Hoskins has a much higher floor and is good at football right now.

Adams has a lot of growing to do, but has a SUPER high ceiling. He reminds me a lot of Marquise Goodwin (and as fast as him too).

I like Hoskins a little better just because I like the less risky guy, but it’s very close.

Cycl0nepower

Apr 4, 2020
Ohio
That’s a tough one. Hoskins has a much higher floor and is good at football right now.

Adams has a lot of growing to do, but has a SUPER high ceiling. He reminds me a lot of Marquise Goodwin (and as fast as him too).

I like Hoskins a little better just because I like the less risky guy, but it’s very close.
I think he definitely needs to get stronger, but he already has that game-changing explosiveness.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Just my opinion, but an OH kid with Michigan and PSU offers is a little too deep of water for us to be swimming in. Just making a top 5 there would be a small victory. I would guess we're looking more at Dailey and Becht right now.
Is that water any deeper than a QB with Alabama and A&M offers? Brock Purdy says hi.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Is that water any deeper than a QB with Alabama and A&M offers? Brock Purdy says hi.

Situationally? Yes, it's deeper. Purdy wasn't being recruited by a blue blood regional school. Alabama may or may not have offered, but they were just coming off a title game win where Tua had 2 more years minimum of starting. They were looking for a backup and everyone knew that the next 5 star QB was going to show up in the next class. Beating ATM was a really nice recruiting win, but beating PSU and Michigan for a highly rated kid in OH would be incredibly impressive.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan and aobie

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I don't understand the thread title. Can someone explain how a recruiting thread is titled something about the ice age and dinosaurs

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
I don't understand the thread title. Can someone explain how a recruiting thread is titled something about the ice age and dinosaurs
Did you read post #1?

1. F*** the NCAA. The recruiting Ice Age is extended until the end of May. I have no idea what that means in terms of recruiting. I know a lot of guys are waiting to visit before they commit. Will this dead period extension force some kids to commit? Will it force their hand since other boards will fill up. Only time will tell. But this first bullet point is reversed to say how BS the NCAA is. I could go on tangents and say why, but we all know why. Again, F*** the NCAA.

Reactions: Cytown12

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
Definitely WR.

btw. His freshman tape is HILARIOUS.

So I recognize that was likely JV tape from Freshman year in HS, but that may be one of the most crazy highlight tapes I have watched. The difference in speed and athletism between Adams and everybody with 5 miles of the field was just wild. Love to see a more current tape of him now vs. better competition, but regardless props to him amazing highlight tape.

Update: Just watched his sophomore season on 24/7, definitely playing with better competition, but his speed and agility still stand out. He is in a different class of speed and elusiveness. Returner, slot receiver, hell with his speed he could line up as an outside receiver even at 5' 8" and pull the top off the defense. Love to see him in Jack Trice.

Last edited:

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
If you could pick, Hoskins or Adams? I saw Eli is helping us with this recruiting battle.
I think he definitely needs to get stronger, but he already has that game-changing explosiveness.
I only watched the first 2.5 minutes... did he ever get tackled, or just 8.5 minutes of him making house calls? To say he has "wheels" doesn't do his speed justice... wow.

Quaron Adams, yes please
So I recognize that was likely JV tape from Freshman year in HS, but that may be one of the most crazy highlight tapes I have watched. The difference in speed and athletism between Adams and everybody with 5 miles of the field was just wild. Love to see a more current tape of him now vs. better competition, but regardless props to him amazing highlight tape.

Update: Just watched his sophomore season on 24/7, definitely playing with better competition, but his speed and agility still stand out. He is in a different class of speed and elusiveness. Returner, slot receiver, hell with his speed he could line up as an outside receiver even at 5' 8" and pull the top off the defense. Love to see him in Jack Trice.
Quaron Adams talks his recruitment.

Recruitment Update

Adams, Nwankpa, Reuben are mentioned in this article on 7 on 7 camp in AZ posted today.

7 on 7 Update
Holy cow! Adams = Rocket!

• Agree
Reactions: Cycl0nepower