[Added Jason Essex] 2022 Class Breakdown

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Add my 5 Weekly Notes. I'm going to do this every week to recap some observations.

(I am not going to release any VIP info that I read from other sites, but I may sometimes say stuff that I have heard from my own rumblings)
Might want to get that checked.

Woot. :eek:

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
do those stats look like what you would expect/want for a 5 star??
I didn't look at his stats and my comment isn't specifc to any one player.
I will assume that if he was coming here a lot of people would be excited. Particularly the ISU dipshits on the the rival forum where they would argue about it for 8 months.

• Haha
Reactions: BigCyFan

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
With the 2021 Class all, but wrapped up, it may be time to take a look at some targets I think are high priorities.

QB
Drew Allar - 6'5" with a big arm. Hok is heavily recruiting.
Jaxon Dailey. 6'2" mobile QB from SouthEast Polk. Lefty.

RB
Jaylon Glover - 5'9", Reminds me of the guys Rhoads wanted to bring in, but never could.
Quaron Adams - 5'8" one of the fastest players we've ever recruited (10.4s 100m as a sophomore). Would be used in the Lang/Silas role.
Kaleb Johnson 6'1" Malik Verdon's good friend and teammate.
Nicholas Singleton - 5’11” Top 100 recruit. Would be the best recruit in ISU history.
Ollie Gordon - 6'1" 210. Breece Hall 2.0. Ran for 450 yards in the state championship. Committed to Okie State

WR
Jayden Gibson 6'6" Hakeem Butler 2.0 but better
Jason Essex 6'3" Xavier Hutchinson type here. Would be a huge get for the clones.
Kristen Hoskins 5'10" with crazy athleticism. Super fast.
Chandler Smith 6’3” super fast. High level talent.
Rawson MacNeill 6'5" we may be looking at another Hakeem Butler here. Very raw with rare athleticism
Quinton Conley 6'5" 4 star

TE
Eli Raridon - 6'6" Valley kid. Heavily recruited
Gabe Burkle - 6'7" Iowa kid
Teigan Martin 6'7"
Chase Androff 6'6"
Yes, there is a height requirement of 6'6"

OL
No idea yet

DE
Chase Carter 6'6" great athleticism. Gonna be a problem when his body fills out. Hok target
Landon Dean 6'4" Easton's cousin.
Ikeena Ezeogu 6'6" Gonna be a better pass rusher than run stopper, and he'll be a pretty good run stopper
Venson Sneed 6'5" The one guy I hope that stays under-recruited. Only has a Kentucky and ISU offer as of this post.
Mario Eugenio 6'3" 4 star sack machine

DT
Domonique Orange 6'4" 4 star.

LB
WIll McLaughlin. 6'3" Iowa kid. Hok Priority. Grew up Cyclone.
Matt Rose 6'2" Mike's brother and the spitting image of him. The question will be if he wants to follow in Mike's footsteps

S
Xavier Nwankpa 6'2" Nuff said.
Nathanael Sulka 6'4" Is he a LB? Is he a true Safety? Who cares? he's a playmaker and we are his only offer
Trevon Howard 6'2" Will be a 4 star when it's all said and done
D'Angelo Hutchinson 6'3" Under the radar, ball hawk.
Idris WIlliams 5'11"

CB
London Hall 6'3" he's a 6'3" corner.\
Ambrose Wilson

Commits
Jacob Imming

My 2022 Dream Team (will keep track of changes, misses and commitments)
QB Drew Allar
RB Kaleb Johnson
RB/WR Quaron Adams
WR Quinton Conley
WR Kristen Hoskins
TE Eli Raridon
TE Gabe Burkle
OL Martin Koivisto
OL Deylin Hasert
OL Kale Krogh
OL Avery Henry
DE Mario Eugenio
DE Venson Sneed
DT Domonique Orange
LB Will Mclaughlin
LB Jacob Imming
LB Matt Rose
S Trevon Howard
S D'Angelo Hutchinson
S Idris Williams
CB Ambrose Wilson

5 Weekly Notes (updated February 11th)

1. Things are starting to heat up. With teams fully in 2022 mode, we are starting to see offers fly out to recruits and guys starting to trim their list down. ISU made the top 5 for a nearly 4 star safety Trevon Howard. We are also sitting well for quite a few other recruits. However, some of our priority guys are getting the "big time" offers. Eli Raridon got a Notre Dame offer. It's full speed ahead right now.

2. Things are also coming to a screeching halt. There are rumblings that the NCAA is going to extend the dead period until the end of May. DUMB. I do not know how that will play out since we haven't seen this scenario before. We will either have a splurge of commitments and craziness or we will have nothing for months. Really depends on if the levee breaks in a national scale.

3. Drew Allar is going to get a ratings bump, only a matter until the next update. He's our top QB prospect. Will we land him? who knows. It REALLY helped to have a great season.

4. Mario Eugenio has has been deemed a priority by the staff and for good reason. He's a 4 star DE out of Tampa and was top 5 in total sacks last year for the class of 2022 (17 sacks on the year). To make it even more impressive, the other top 10 players play at tiny schools where anyone with a lick of talent would rack up 12 sacks. Eugenio is a stud.

5. This is a "DUH!" statement, but the extension is huge. I'm going to bring up a name and it may hurt some of you...... Blaise Gunnerson. Ouch, I know. Scott Frost lured him away by saying Campbell would leave. Oh how the turn tables (I think frost is out after another bad year). Other programs can't convince a four star recruit that Campbell is going to leave now.
Welcome to the Gosh Darn Glory Days.
Poor Blaise.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
do those stats look like what you would expect/want for a 5 star??
Nope, but he probably went to most every camp that rated kids for that organization in his area. The circuit so to speak. Therefore, they liked him. I understand his measureables were probably really good. Another kid, lets say his clone [exactly the same], didnt do that or went only to camps sponsored by universities to be seen by colleges. "Clone dude" would be one or two stars lower. Now, if he got alot of offers, they would reluctantly move him up, but not to the same ranking as their "love child" who dutefully attended their functions. I witnessed this racket for three years upclose. Bottom line, I am not big on stars because these raters do not focus on the traits that CMC and staff require with the measureables. Mini Rant...sorry.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Nope, but he probably went to most every camp that rated kids for that organization in his area. The circuit so to speak. Therefore, they liked him. I understand his measureables were probably really good. Another kid, lets say his clone [exactly the same], didnt do that or went only to camps sponsored by universities to be seen by colleges. "Clone dude" would be one or two stars lower. Now, if he got alot of offers, they would reluctantly move him up, but not to the same ranking as their "love child" who dutefully attended their functions. I witnessed this racket for three years upclose. Bottom line, I am not big on stars because these raters do not focus on the traits that CMC and staff require with the measureables. Mini Rant...sorry.
This is spot on and we will continue to be a developmental program. Get a couple 4 *s in each class but make our bread and butter on 3 * guys with multiple power 5 offers (note: those were rarer than people realize under before Campbell came we have come a long way in that respect).

I think of a program like Mizzou under Gary Pinkel 15 years ago that won 8 or 9 games a year consistently with highly rated 3 *'s all over the place. With our system that's where we seem to be. The next goal is obviously a 10 win season and big 12 trophy (and I do recognize we won the regular season last year).

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
I think of a program like Mizzou under Gary Pinkel 15 years ago that won 8 or 9 games a year consistently with highly rated 3 *'s all over the place. With our system that's where we seem to be. The next goal is obviously a 10 win season and big 12 trophy
Campbell has already gotten us to the consistent 8 win team but I think he does have sights set higher then that for the program. I will take consistently competing for conference championships even late in the season like we have been, and a potential break through to the big stage though.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
This i believe explains about our recruiting level. We're getting "clone dude" that comes to our camp. 2020 not withstanding.

We don't take kids we aren't able to build relationships with. Our current success is going to allow us to build those relationships with higher ranked recruits.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
My 2022 wish list:

QB Drew Allar. If we miss on him then Jaxon Dailey.
RB Kaleb Johnson
RB/WR Quaron Adams
WR Quinton Conley or Jayden Gibson - big body type.
WR Kristen Hoskins or Drelin Pittman - small shifty speedster.
TE Gabe Burkle
TE Tyler Powell or Marcus Peterson - I think we go with two TEs this class.
OT Lucas Heyer
OT Deylin Hasert
OT Spruceton Buddenhagen
OG Armand Membou or Maurice Hamilton
DE Mario Eugenio
DE Venson Sneed
DT Marquis Gracial
DT Domonique Oange
LB Will McLaughlin
LB Matt Rose
CB Benjamin Morrison
CB London Hall
S Trevon Howard
S D'Angelo Hutchinson

I would love to see the coaches focus on cornerbacks in this class. Even if that means taking 3 CBs and just 1 safety. We have a ton of young safeties already.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
My 2022 wish list:

QB Drew Allar. If we miss on him then Jaxon Dailey.
RB Kaleb Johnson
RB/WR Quaron Adams
WR Quinton Conley or Jayden Gibson - big body type.
WR Kristen Hoskins or Drelin Pittman - small shifty speedster.
TE Gabe Burkle
TE Tyler Powell or Marcus Peterson - I think we go with two TEs this class.
OT Lucas Heyer
OT Deylin Hasert
OT Spruceton Buddenhagen
OG Armand Membou or Maurice Hamilton
DE Mario Eugenio
DE Venson Sneed
DT Marquis Gracial
DT Domonique Oange
LB Will McLaughlin
LB Matt Rose
CB Benjamin Morrison
CB London Hall
S Trevon Howard
S D'Angelo Hutchinson

I would love to see the coaches focus on cornerbacks in this class. Even if that means taking 3 CBs and just 1 safety. We have a ton of young safeties already.
My comments
Glad you have Kaleb Johnson. He's the guy right now.
I think the Jayden Gibson ship has sailed. He's getting too many blue chip offers.
Where's Eli Raridon??? Or do you think he's a lock for Notre Dame?
I think Spruceton Buddenhagen will be HOK the second he gets the offer. I really hope he falls to us though.
Gracial is goood.
Where's Imming???

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
My comments
I think the Jayden Gibson ship has sailed. He's getting too many blue chip offers.
I think Spruceton Buddenhagen will be HOK the second he gets the offer. I really hope he falls to us though.
Gracial is goood.
Where's Imming???
I was thinking Raridon to Notre Dame, yes. If not then probably Iowa. I didn't put Imming since he has already committed. Agreed that Buddenhagen will be a Hawk.

Another cool thing to think about is that the staff will still be handing out more offers and we will have new names to discuss.

Reactions: Cycl0nepower

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
My comments
Gracial is goood.
Where's Imming???

Kaleb Johnson is now warm to ISU (I don't think he was previously) and Wiltfong says the Cyclones are in the lead for him right now.