The great DJK gets the axe

troutslayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 28, 2011
Hohensee said DJK wasn't catching on to the indoor system...

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
This is what makes the most sense, IMO. There's no way at all that DJK doesn't have the talent to succeed in the Arena League.

Talent only gets you so far. There are a lot of talented players that dont make it in the NFL.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Talent only gets you so far. There are a lot of talented players that dont make it in the NFL.

I realize that. But DJK was a fringe NFL prospect playing in the Arena League. He's got far more than enough talent for that level of play. And he's not gotten into trouble, so the "not catching on with the indoor style of play" bit is what makes the most sense.

BusterCherry

Feb 28, 2012
Cherry Creek, CO
FIFY. Clearly DJK DOESN'T have the talent to succeed in the arena league as he's just been CUT.

i'm sure he is talented enough. The radio shock-jock Marty T in D.M. tweeted that DJK didn't bother opening the playbook once, was ill-prepared, and generally didn't care, because he wants to go to the CFL instead this Spring

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
i'm sure he is talented enough. The radio shock-jock Marty T in D.M. tweeted that DJK didn't bother opening the playbook once, was ill-prepared, and generally didn't care, because he wants to go to the CFL instead this Spring

Right. He could have succeed if he wanted to. :twitcy:

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
FIFY. Clearly DJK DOESN'T have the talent to succeed in the arena league as he's just been CUT.

So you'd keep a guy who wasn't grasping the game? If he's not picking up how to adjust to the style of the game, he's not much good to the team at all. And if Marty's right (I take that with a grain of salt), that would also explain his getting cut. I highly doubt it's got anything to do with his physical talent.

PerkyForHerky

Jun 30, 2010
This thread for the luls.

DJK doesn't have enough talent for the AFL. How'd that scrub ever get a D1 scholarship in the first place?

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
So you'd keep a guy who wasn't grasping the game? If he's not picking up how to adjust to the style of the game, he's not much good to the team at all. And if Marty's right (I take that with a grain of salt), that would also explain his getting cut. I highly doubt it's got anything to do with his physical talent.

once again you are assuming talent only includes physical abilities.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Everyone knows KF has tons of free time to troll the front office of Arena League teams and inflict vendetta on his ultimate nemesis.