The Georges Highlight Tape You Didn’t Know You Needed

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Unpopular opinion: Georges understands Iowa State better than some other home grown coaches.

I doubt that is a unpopular opinion at all. It sure seemed like he enjoyed his time at ISU. The group he was in really bought into ISU, it was a great time to b a Cyclone MBB fan.

Reactions: Cycho1

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Unpopular opinion: Georges understands Iowa State better than some other home grown coaches.
Not all that unpopular. He certainly seems to maintain a connection to all things ISU. To be fair, he lives in the age of rampant social media, so it's a bit easier to keep that connection. ;)

I've always been curious about who came up with Nianging...so your signature intrigues me. How did the ball get rolling? We bought tickets for the BU game that night & drove down the next morning. At Mcfaddens' before the game, and when sitting in row 11 behind the Baylor bench, and all we could see was cardinal shirts & bandaids on everyone. It was fantastic!

Reactions: Cycho1

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
The morning after Georges cut his eye in the Big XII tourney game my youngest son scratched himself and "needed" a band-aid. He says like Georges. So I gave all three of my kids Band-Aids to put over their eye and tweeted it to him. He retweeted, and I thought, "that's cool too get retweeted for that" but my phone blew up the rest of the day as everyone else in KC adopted it. It went on for hours non stop and eventually became a novelty part of the ESPN coverage that night. Someone even made a t-shirt about it, I found out later. It was pretty fun.

Last edited:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
The morning after Georges cut his eye in the Big XII tourney game my youngest son scratched himself and "needed" a band-aid. He says like Georges. So I gave all three of my kids Band-Aids to put over their eye and tweeted it to him. He retweeted, and I thought, "that's cool too get retweeted for that" but my phone blew up the rest of the day as everyone else in KC adopted it. It went on for hours non stop and eventually became a novelty part of the ESPN coverage that night. Someone even made a t-shirt about it, I found out later. It was pretty fun.
I have the t-shirt. :D Georges became my favorite player ever during his lockerroom interview after the loss to Ohio St and "Mr cheeks" Craft. So much heart, so much investment in the team and ISU. I love that kid, and the NBA doesn't seem to have changed him at all.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY and Die4Cy