The Georges Highlight Tape You Didn’t Know You Needed

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
That was the pinnacle for me when you factor in the personality and success of Georges and those guys.
Yeah, I don't go way back, but I have vague memories of the 80s so I've been around for most of ISUs success in basketball. The personalities of the players, Fred, and style of play just all made for so much fun with those teams. I'm not sure it will ever be matched.

Reactions: ImJustKCClone

FarmClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2009
That's great, but don't you miss Fat Georges, at least a little bit?

Yes. In the airport bar on the way home from the big 12 championship game I started talking to a guy about Iowa State. He mentioned us being good at basketball and started naming our NBA players. He said "whose that tall, skinny guy from Iowa state that plays for the Jazz?" I never thought that would be the description someone would give me talking about Georges.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
I'm really rooting for Georges - the NBA window is so small, and can close quickly. He's in a tough spot and needs to step it up if he wants to stay in the league.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Some day, when Georges is done playing in the NBA, I believe that he will be the head basketball coach at Iowa State.

Unpopular opinion: Georges understands Iowa State better than some other home grown coaches.

Reactions: Cycho1