The Fran fade

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
I honestly hope iowa throws that triangle full court press at us. It was the only reason Iowa was able to rally a couple of times as the Illinois guards were helpless against it...not sure I've ever seen a team so inept at working against it. Just break it and the shots will be wide open. This is a simple case of not allowing Murray to go too crazy while defending the three. I like our chances...

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Fran is going to assign a hit man to go out and spend time getting Conditt fouls early. That’s his M O. I hope conditt has the patience.

Fouls early and try to get him to react and get T'd up.

• Winner
Reactions: bos

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Looked it up and they got down 10?

That's nothing like 2015.

Haha, especially for that era when ISU liked coming back from like 15-20.

They were down more than 10 during parts of that game...........and down 8 with less than 2 minutes to play. So the comeback in 2015 may have been more, but 2013 was no slouch.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Fouls early and try to get him to react and get T'd up.

I like the fact Conditt hasn't been doing all the jawing and posing lately. I think he will be okay. My main concern is how electric the atmosphere will be and him getting caught up. I hope TJ sits him a minute if it looks that way.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I like the fact Conditt hasn't been doing all the jawing and posing lately. I think he will be okay. My main concern is how electric the atmosphere will be and him getting caught up. I hope TJ sits him a minute if it looks that way.

I would expect will be well schooled as to what is expected out of him

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
Keegan Murray is a long instinctive athletic energy guy who is a tweener in a good way. Murray is skilled enough to be taken seriously at the P5 level, but he isn't going to beat you with skill alone or blow you away with talent.

His best player comp is Aaron White (bring that up to Hok fans if u want to piss them off), although I do think he's a better version of him with a higher ceiling. His brother is very similar.

• Haha
Reactions: Brodie0

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Keegan Murray is a long instinctive athletic energy guy who is a tweener in a good way. Murray is skilled enough to be taken seriously at the P5 level, but he isn't going to beat you with skill alone or blow you away with talent.

His best player comp is Aaron White (bring that up to Hok fans if u want to piss them off), although I do think he's a better version of him with a higher ceiling. His brother is very similar.
Aaron White is a great comp actually

• Agree
Reactions: RezClone

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Iowa got killed on the glass last night and didn't shoot well. Illinois should have won that game by 15 plus.

Reactions: exCYtable

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Iowa got killed on the glass last night and didn't shoot well. Illinois should have won that game by 15 plus.

I don't know much about them but wasn't impressed with Illinois' backcourt. Maybe Iowa had something to do with it too though.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Iowa out rebounded 52-23, lmao.

Insane that they didn't get run by 20+ with REB differential like this

Watching Illinois try to beat that press was truly painful. There’s no chance we are that inept. Also they never bothered to attack on the backside. I think they were trying to run clock which was weird with a relatively small lead.

Seems like as poorly as Iowa plays defense, the full court traps they run seem to be very effective. They do it only out of desperation, though it seems maybe it should be implemented full time. They were getting their doors blown off by Purdue and started pressing and ended up making it a game in the end, and just like Illinois, Purdue seemed very confused on what to do to beat it.

Don't know. I feel rebounding is going to be an issue all year with this team. They can shoot better though. They struggled from the line and Three last night I thought.

Don't worry, I'm sure the shooting woes will solve themselves for at least one game on Thursday. I'm calling it now, the Filip Rebraca game.