The Fran fade

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I'd have to say never going ofer during the conference slate. ;):jimlad:

Of course you won't answer. You will never have the Player of the Year again. You're top 5 and this is probably as good as it gets for a program that hasn't been to the Sweet 16 in 20+ years.

• Winner
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
You will never have the Player of the Year again.
You're top 5
this is probably as good as it gets for a program that hasn't been to the Sweet 16 in 20+ years.
OK.
Tell me about it, fells good to be a top 5 team in March.
I think they are going to end that streak this year.

I'm happy Fran has them going to the tournament again regularly. I'm not under some crazy notion that we are ever going to be a powerhouse program. I am happy that Fran has them competitive year in and year out (sans a few).

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Of course you won't answer. You will never have the Player of the Year again. You're top 5 and this is probably as good as it gets for a program that hasn't been to the Sweet 16 in 20+ years.
Been a long season for ya huh? No fear. It’ll be over soon

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Been a long season for ya huh? No fear. It’ll be over soon

Not really. Been a few posters that act like Iowa Basketball has accomplished something by being ranked during the regular season. It's definitely fun being ranked high, but Fran has zero to show for it throughout his tenure.

Conference title? no.
Conference tournament title? no.
Getting past the first weekend of the tournament? no.

There's been a few fans that said they would be content with just making the Sweet 16. What an incredibly low bar for some of you when your team returned almost everybody and has the POTY on your squad.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Not really. Been a few posters that act like Iowa Basketball has accomplished something by being ranked during the regular season. It's definitely fun being ranked high, but Fran has zero to show for it throughout his tenure.

Conference title? no.

There's been a few fans that said they would be content with just making the Sweet 16. What an incredibly low bar for some of you when your team returned almost everybody and has the POTY on your squad.

LOL, Iowa's success has gotten you completely triggered.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Winning in spite of. Let's imagine a world where the all time scoring leader and assist leader are gone next year. Let's say Weiskamp capitalizes on a great season and declares. Toussaint transfers.

Iowa is then down to a shooting guard who can't stay healthy, a power forward who can't stay healthy, a decent power forward who can't create for himself in Murray, and the two Frangaret-Spawn. There's the type of lineup that will remind everyone of Fran's coaching pedigree.

EDIT: But this is Iowa we're talking about, so 3 of those 4 guys I mentioned as leaving will probably be back...

Hold on, so now Jordan Bohannon is good? All I read here is how terrible he is and how Fran should be playing JoeT.

You guys are so freaking triggered over this season, that you say insane things like this. ISU fans claiming that 3 of the top 8 rotational guys shouldn't even be playing, but Iowa is so good with the other 5 that they can be a top 5 team despite this.

You need to take a break from posting about Iowa basketball, their success is making you lose your mind.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
OK.
Tell me about it, fells good to be a top 5 team in March.
I think they are going to end that streak this year.

I'm happy Fran has them going to the tournament again regularly. I'm not under some crazy notion that we are ever going to be a powerhouse program. I am happy that Fran has them competitive year in and year out (sans a few).
Luka's unbelievable success will be tough to match on the floor again, I don't think anyone denies that.
You also aren't too removed from a Fran contract extension that caught everyone by suprise, and upset a large part of the fan base. The interesting part will be if it can be maintained without some of the best players in program history. Going to need some really good replacement players.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Luka's unbelievable success will be tough to match on the floor again, I don't think anyone denies that.
You also aren't too removed from a Fran contract extension that caught everyone by suprise, and upset a large part of the fan base. The interesting part will be if it can be maintained without some of the best players in program history. Going to need some really good replacement players.

You should be more worried about Pollards next hire, and less obsessed by how good Fran's program will continue to be. BTW you never did answer my question. How concerned are you with Pollard hiring his 4th basketball coach? 2 have been complete and utter dumpster fires, can he at least make an average hire this time?

• Haha
Reactions: Cytown12

DhaCheann

Mar 31, 2012
Denver, CO
You should be more worried about Pollards next hire, and less obsessed by how good Fran's program will continue to be. BTW you never did answer my question. How concerned are you with Pollard hiring his 4th basketball coach? 2 have been complete and utter dumpster fires, can he at least make an average hire this time?

LMAO what? I can’t tell if you’re being serious with this or if you’re so triggered and you’re all up in your feelings you’re now making ridiculous statements.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009

Conference title? no.

The NCAA is brutal. Can have a great year play some mid major you've never heard of that's 26-4 and find out they can play and you're out before you know it. Anytime Iowa or Iowa state make the sweet 16 i don't think you can call it a disappointment. Its an achievement for either program. Did you feel like prohm's first year was a disappointment to only make it to the sweet 16 with a more fully talented roster than this Iowa team?

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
The NCAA is brutal. Can have a great year play some mid major you've never heard of that's 26-4 and find out they can play and you're out before you know it. Anytime Iowa or Iowa state make the sweet 16 i don't think you can call it a disappointment. Its an achievement for either program. Did you feel like prohm's first year was a disappointment to only make it to the sweet 16 with a more fully talented roster than this Iowa team?

We didn't have any depth on that team and played to our seed. Obviously would have liked to have gone further.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
AP loves Iowa. They rank high in computer metrics

#5 in AP today, despite last three games:

~ getting BLOWN OUT by Michigan,
~ looking horrible vs Penn St, (crummy game to watch)
~ beating a fading Ohio State.

astounding.
They have won 5 of their last 6, with their only loss coming to the number two team in the nation.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
We didn't have any depth on that team and played to our seed. Obviously would have liked to have gone further.
Yes of course Iowa fans will want to win it all but calling sweet 16 a disappointment should never be uttered by fans of either team. If we win the first two like we will likely be favored then lose to Villanova or some team like that then I won't be too upset. I do get the playing to the seed part though it would be a little more upsetting if we get to the sweet 16 and lose to an 11 seed but even those teams are dangerous

Reactions: JP4CY