The Fran fade

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
His shot had gotten worse. After he had that game where he hit 2 really deep 3s with awful form, he doesn’t ever set his feet anymore and looks like a junior higher cranking it up.

His last five games before last night he was 22-35 from 3 point range. That's pretty good I would think. He was awful last night though. Most good shooters are very streaky.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
His last five games before last night he was 22-35 from 3 point range. That's pretty good I would think. He was awful last night though. Most good shooters are very streaky.
I have only seen parts of games here or there so mine is definitely not a deep analysis of him. I know I hadn’t seen any Iowa games for a bit. Shooters can be streaky but not that streaky. Naz or Matt would have missed but never be a 0/10 type appearance. He was trying to do too much and it killed them.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I have only seen parts of games here or there so mine is definitely not a deep analysis of him. I know I hadn’t seen any Iowa games for a bit. Shooters can be streaky but not that streaky. Naz or Matt would have missed but never be a 0/10 type appearance. He was trying to do too much and it killed them.

His first 5 or 6 attempts were actually good looks for him. When the game was out of hand in the final minutes, he forced a few at the end of the game that he wouldn't normally take. He shot terribly last night.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
What on earth was Fran doing running Tony Perkins out there for down the stretch? Pretty sure both him and Patrick were in the game when Indiana went on their big run. Weiskamp nowhere to be found.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I can't agree with this. Good shooters are consistent. Guys who chuck at high volumes are streaky.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Only fell 3 to 5 which suprised me must of had a sizable lead on teams below us. That was the book on how you beat Iowa. They had the quickness advantage at almost every position.

Phew! Was worried they would fall below Drake. You know that CyTwins already has his post drafted up and just has to copy and paste and hit the "Post Reply" button if that happens.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Iowa is the perfect 2 seed come March to get knocked off early. So reliant on below average athletes to shoot well with no ability to defend.

An athletic team who can defend with a big body to guard Garza and they are done for

1611329592899.png

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
For a good laugh go over to hawkeye nation. 320 posts about last nights game. Pretty much goes like this.

Were gonna win
B1G is a meat grinder
Garzilla (lol)
Weezy lighting it up
C'mon Jorbo hit something besides twitter
Refs suck
CJ not 100%
Connor's % from the line and arc are awful
11 minutes without a basket
This team sucks
Were gonna drop down
Fran doesn't know how to coach
We have a tough schedule yet

The thread if hilarious. Just a bunch of dumb hawk fans!

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
For a good laugh go over to hawkeye nation. 320 posts about last nights game. Pretty much goes like this.

Were gonna win
B1G is a meat grinder
Garzilla (lol)
Weezy lighting it up
C'mon Jorbo hit something besides twitter
Refs suck
CJ not 100%
Connor's % from the line and arc are awful
11 minutes without a basket
This team sucks
Were gonna drop down
Fran doesn't know how to coach
We have a tough schedule yet

The thread if hilarious. Just a bunch of dumb hawk fans!

Sounds normal across all fan bases after a loss.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Iowa is the perfect 2 seed come March to get knocked off early. So reliant on below average athletes to shoot well with no ability to defend.

An athletic team who can defend with a big body to guard Garza and they are done for

View attachment 81028
I don't think we will be a 2 seed come March but yes this team's limited athletically. March matchups are critical but for this team even more so.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron