The Fran fade

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Iowa reminds me of the 2014 Creighton team that had Doug McDermott as a senior. They were a 3 seed and lost by 30 in the second round. I think Iowa might be able to do slightly better than that in the tourney, but who knows.

You really don't know anything about Iowa's BB team, how can you compare them to anyone?

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
He has a point... does anything Iowa does offensively work without big L?

Lets see does taking the POY off any roster change what they do? Uh yeah of course it does. The fact is Luka is on this team, to pretend his isn't is just dumb.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Lets see does taking the POY off any roster change what they do? Uh yeah of course it does. The fact is Luka is on this team, to pretend his isn't is just dumb.
Well, the comp was McDermott and the 3 seed Creighton team in 2014. They got smoked. Their focal point got held to 15 points and 0-3 from the arc. If this happens to Iowa and Luka in the tourney, they would have to hope and pray CJ and Jorbo are making hay, otherwise it could get ugly.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Well, the comp was McDermott and the 3 seed Creighton team in 2014. They got smoked. Their focal point got held to 15 points and 0-3 from the arc. If this happens to Iowa and Luka in the tourney, they would have to hope and pray CJ and Jorbo are making hay, otherwise it could get ugly.

Holy cow, has anyone told opposing coaches that they just need to stop Luka and they will beat Iowa badly? Please don't send this brilliant strategy to opposing coaches, it could ruin Iowa's year.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Holy cow, has anyone told opposing coaches that they just need to stop Luka and they will beat Iowa badly? Please don't send this brilliant strategy to opposing coaches, it could ruin Iowa's year.
It's not so much a plan as it is he could have an off night. Whether cold shooting or just getting more tired than usual jogging up and down the court. More or less just bringing up the Creighton tourney game with McD to prepare you Hawk minds mentally for a possible disappointment. I know Iowa doesn't get there often, so fans like you may not understand. It has bitten us a few times in our plethora of tourney appearances the last 20 years or so, so take it from someone who's been there and seen it happen.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
It's not so much a plan as it is he could have an off night. Whether cold shooting or just getting more tired than usual jogging up and down the court. More or less just bringing up the Creighton tourney game with McD to prepare you Hawk minds mentally for a possible disappointment. I know Iowa doesn't get there often, so fans like you may not understand. It has bitten us a few times in our plethora of tourney appearances the last 20 years or so, so take it from someone who's been there and seen it happen.

Iowa fans know full well that an off game or bad matchup will more than likely get them bounced earlier than they want in March. This isn't some new concept.

Reactions: Legend Hawk

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Iowa fans know full well that an off game or bad matchup will more than likely get them bounced earlier than they want in March. This isn't some new concept.
I guess there have been the multiple fades in the past. Losing isn't a foreign concept for Iowa. You're right.

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Iowa can afford to have one guy have an off night and still be comfortable. The key, you and I both know, is defense. Maybe even the possibility of Garza getting a couple either/or calls against him with elbows, but for the most part I think if Iowa just even plays average defense, they'll be fine.