The Fran fade

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I love listening to Andrew Downs on sports fanatics right now. He is way more of a homer than Ross. Getting the fan base super primed for a kick to the balls this winter

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Are you actually saying JCL was 5th on the ISU staffs transfer board?

LOL!
It's not that simple.. Not all guys announce their departure at the same time. The list is incredibly fluid. The guys that we missed out on all chose very good schools, most of them close to their hometowns. I honestly don't understand why you're dogging on our transfers when your recruiting class coming in is absolute dog s*** lol.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
It's not that simple.. Not all guys announce their departure at the same time. The list is incredibly fluid. The guys that we missed out on all chose very good schools, most of them close to their hometowns. I honestly don't understand why you're dogging on our transfers when your recruiting class coming in is absolute dog s*** lol.

Well you are depending on the transfers for immediate help which isn't the case for our recruiting class.

And why say there were only a couple guys on the list I linked that ISU was targeting if it's so fluid?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Well you are depending on the transfers for immediate help which isn't the case for our recruiting class.

And why say there were only a couple guys on the list I linked that ISU was targeting if it's so fluid?
I could be wrong, but I believe I saw only 4 guys on that list that were above JCL that we targeted. The list itself was fluid in the fact that some of those guys picked a school right away, so it's not like we could've targeted them anyway. Or, we were never an option due to proximity. I'm trying to say that it's not as simple as you're trying to make it.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Perfect timing for Luka to come back to not even get to play because of COVID ruining the season.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
I could be wrong, but I believe I saw only 4 guys on that list that were above JCL that we targeted. The list itself was fluid in the fact that some of those guys picked a school right away, so it's not like we could've targeted them anyway. Or, we were never an option due to proximity. I'm trying to say that it's not as simple as you're trying to make it.

Didn't ISU show interest in all of these guys?

Carton
Aiken
Brown
Gomez
Kier
Perry
Eaddy--- not sure on this one

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Not to mention JC-L would be the 2nd best transfer mad Fran has ever signed

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Connor is a huge tool lol. If you actually met him outside of Carver or a signing event you would agree. He's not a nice person.

Yeah... there's no chance that someone who's such a d-bag on the court isn't the same way off of it.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
[QUOTE="TrianglePlace, post: 7263388, member: 44144"]Not sure what Monte has to do with next college basketball season but ok.

True, Connor was the Iowa honoree for the conference sportsmanship award. Good kid it seems like. 2 sport athlete in college and an excellent student.[/QUOTE]

Lets this is a Cyclone Website, Monte was a Cyclone, this is a thread about basketball. Go stick your chest out and glote on your own website, Richardhead!

Remind us again how many hawks that played in college are playing in the NBA. It was great to see Monte and Nader play well today in the Denver-OK game. Burton did not play. It will be a long time before you ever see three hawk playing against each other unless you count reunion games. You are a pathetic poster!

Last edited:

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Garza was a conference player of the year, first team all American and runner up for NPOY last season.

Haliburton was 2nd team all conference last season.

Just because he is a much better NBA prospect doesn't mean he's a better college player.
Haliburton was hurt for 13 games, but you knew that. Nice try