The Fran fade

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Slim chance he gets drafted either way now with his age. I was also pretty high on his potential as a prospect before last season.
Yeah I think weiskamps window for early departure is closed. I'm not convinced he's even talented enough to get drafted period. Will have to tear it up to go after his junior year, or steadily improve to sneak into the late 2nd round after his senior campaign

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
FIFY. Too bad he can't even hold Monte's luggage!!

Don't forget that coveted player that got the prestigious Sportsmanship award!! LMAOF at that one yet!!

Not sure what Monte has to do with next college basketball season but ok.

True, Connor was the Iowa honoree for the conference sportsmanship award. Good kid it seems like. 2 sport athlete in college and an excellent student.

• Funny
Reactions: Cytown12

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
How much hype would ISU fans have for a basketball team if they had this returning?

•Favorite for NPOY, returning 1st team AA
•3rd team all conference as a junior
•3rd team all conference as a sophomore
•A sophomore that was named to the conference all freshmen team last season and led the league in 3 point FG %.
•Player that led the country in A/TO ratio last season

Umm that was last season, not sure what this has to do with next season, but OK. Different season in 20-21 compared to 19-20 so don't be flapping your featherless wings there sunshine.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Not sure what Monte has to do with next college basketball season but ok.

True, Connor was the Iowa honoree for the conference sportsmanship award. Good kid it seems like. 2 sport athlete in college and an excellent student.
Connor is a huge tool lol. If you actually met him outside of Carver or a signing event you would agree. He's not a nice person.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
Iowa State had a really good class and Prohm nailed the transfer season. Prohm can actually recruit so I would expect another good class in 2021. It's not hard to see that things are going to improve significantly.

So getting the 42nd best immediate eligible transfer, the 29th best sit out and another sit out that isn't even the top 50 of sit out transfers this cycle is considered nailing it?

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...-basketball-transfer-rankings-2020-21-2021-22

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
ISU allowed opponents to shoot 45.2% last season.

Like always you skate around the question. You talk so highly of the Iowa basketball team but when confronted with failures of the team you go all squirrel on us and move it to something else. What a chickens#it you really are!!

Reactions: Cytown12

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I just hope there's a season....

I mentioned that a few pages ago. With people in the NFL opting out, the MLB problems with Covid, the NBA with players leaving and the coming back in the bubble and having to test at this point with college athletics I don't know what is going to happen.

Went to a D3 practice last night, no coaches were around, players came in no masks no temp checks and carried on like there wasn't a care in the world.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
So getting the 42nd best immediate eligible transfer, the 29th best sit out and another sit out that isn't even the top 50 of sit out transfers this cycle is considered nailing it?

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...-basketball-transfer-rankings-2020-21-2021-22

Lest you forget that Iowa doesn't recruit transfers. They just rely on coaches offspring and legacy players kids that have no stars in when they are recruited. Before you say they are 3 stars, when they signed with Iowa they had ZERO stars.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He filled the needs he needed to in the off season and there's a really strong chance that everyone will be eligible for this year. So yeah, absolutely solid spring for CSP.
Not to mention there was only a couple of guys above JCL on that list that we actually were targeting..

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I mentioned that a few pages ago. With people in the NFL opting out, the MLB problems with Covid, the NBA with players leaving and the coming back in the bubble and having to test at this point with college athletics I don't know what is going to happen.

Went to a D3 practice last night, no coaches were around, players came in no masks no temp checks and carried on like there wasn't a care in the world.

MLB will be nothing compared to what we will see with college football....