The Fran fade

Hawkize31

Jul 6, 2010
Yes I was told you were a 4 seed Feb 12th and now you're anywhere between a 6-8 seed
This is the best you could come up with?
Comparing the absolute highest seed a random poster on CF assigned Iowa on Feb 12 to the lowest possible seed by the worst computer ranking for Iowa on March 2 to try to claim Iowa slid?

What an ass-backwards methodology you had to create to try and save face. Of course, not even the most anti-Iowa posters on here will buy into that, but A+ for creativity.

Reactions: HawkFan1

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Comparing the absolute highest seed a random poster on CF assigned Iowa on Feb 12 to the lowest possible seed by the worst computer ranking for Iowa on March 2 to try to claim Iowa slid?

What an ass-backwards methodology you had to create to try and save face. Of course, not even the most anti-Iowa posters on here will buy into that, but A+ for creativity.
You've been a member since 2010 and you think Buddy is a "random poster?"
He's posted here more frequently than any other Iowa poster ever has.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Iowa hasn't faded at all towards the end of the season so let's just put this all to rest. They haven't necessarily gotten better, but they haven't at all gotten any worse. That's why they have barely fallen in the NET or the AP. Other teams have played well and have booster their own rankings but there's really nothing Iowa can do about that.

Arguing all of this is stupid. If Iowa goes on and wins the Big 10 tournament, they'll likely get a 4 seed. If they lose out, they'll likely get a 6 seed, MAYBE a 7 but that all depends on how everyone else shapes out. It's more likely they'll be in the 5-6 category.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Oh God first it was RPI now Iowa fans don't even like NET

• Funny
Reactions: Rural

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Iowa hasn't faded at all towards the end of the season so let's just put this all to rest. They haven't necessarily gotten better, but they haven't at all gotten any worse. That's why they have barely fallen in the NET or the AP. Other teams have played well and have booster their own rankings but there's really nothing Iowa can do about that.

Arguing all of this is stupid. If Iowa goes on and wins the Big 10 tournament, they'll likely get a 4 seed. If they lose out, they'll likely get a 6 seed, MAYBE a 7 but that all depends on how everyone else shapes out. It's more likely they'll be in the 5-6 category.
Iowa's had brutal B1G tourney results in recent memory but I agree on the 5-6 seed.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Iowa's had brutal B1G tourney results in recent memory but I agree on the 5-6 seed.
Yeah it's been terrible. A double bye for Iowa would tie the deepest they've been in that tournament in a long time. But I'm just saying that Iowa's at a point where winning out or losing out wouldn't effect them a ton seeding wise in the NCAA tournament in my opinion. Unless they'd get completely blown out the next three games and the committee took that into consideration a ton.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019

I think they belong right about there at a 5 or 6. Getting Fredrick back was big. Now they just need Joe W to snap out of his funk. Hard to say what will happen with them but if they play well they should be a tough out.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I think they belong right about there at a 5 or 6. Getting Fredrick back was big. Now they just need Joe W to snap out of his funk. Hard to say what will happen with them but if they play well they should be a tough out.
Yeah I have no idea how far Iowa is going to go right now and nor does anyone else. Lol this year has been weird for CBB and I think there are going to be a ton of teams that are right around the same caliber playing in the first round. Besides the 1, 2, and 3 seeds, and of course the very bottom seeds, the rest of the field seems to be pretty even.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Good thing Iowa has a bunch of other Quad 1 wins and seven top 25 wins.
It really is probably the best job Fran and Margaret have ever done. It will be interesting to see if they learn anything this year. They have certainly stunned the fans, the media , and college basketball. I cant think of anybody that thought this team would more than average.

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron