The Fran fade

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Agree, people need to get a grip. My oldest is only in 1st grade so I haven't seen it yet, but it will come. My bil was guilty of this with his girls in AAU softball, it was embarrassing.

Grandparents can be just as bad. My daughters both have been in the club volleyball and school volleyball scene in DSM area and it can get beyond obnoxious. We've run into grandparents who act as childish as any of the dumb shouting parents, don't want to mention the school <coughJohnstoncough> but it's embarrassing.

• Agree
Reactions: CyCrazy

GT25Ump

Oct 24, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
Tough to watch this Minny-Iowa game, it's ridiculously physical and very few fouls, they're just beating each other up, but Garza on the bench with two fouls makes it more enjoyable.

• Funny
Reactions: dexterhawk

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Mad Fran, of course. That wasn't the issue. I thought the issue was Fran's wife getting kicked out of their kid's game. She's a psycho, but JP gets a pass for doing the same thing? It's an embarrassment no matter who does it.
Gary Barta says "hi!"

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Tough to watch this Minny-Iowa game, it's ridiculously physical and very few fouls, they're just beating each other up, but Garza on the bench with two fouls makes it more enjoyable.
Fran with lots of naughty words to the refs after Luka throwing around some elbows.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Getting upset at a kids game is unacceptable. But sometimes people screw up. Pollard screwed up and it doesn't appear it is a trend. Mad Fran and his wife have had more than one time where they've done things like that.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

GT25Ump

Oct 24, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
No. Just refreshing to see the same standard applied to ISU's AD as to Fran's wife.

Always refreshing to see Hawkeye fans continuously prove themselves to be worthless arrogant pieces of **** by coming over to a rival's board to talk smack. Go !@#$ yourself right back over the HN message board.

• Creative
Reactions: breck53

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Getting upset at a kids game is unacceptable. But sometimes people screw up. Pollard screwed up and it doesn't appear it is a trend. Mad Fran and his wife have had more than one time where they've done things like that.

They've been kicked out of more than one game?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Always refreshing to see Hawkeye fans continuously prove themselves to be worthless arrogant pieces of **** by coming over to a rival's board to talk smack. Go !@#$ yourself right back over the HN message board.

I don't post on HN, but I like your fire.

• Funny
Reactions: breck53

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
He said "screwed up" correct?

Yeah he said JP screwed up by being kicked out and that Fran and wife have had more than one time where they've done that. Just curious how many times it's happened. Maybe it has happened more than once, I just don't know. If it hasn't, it sounds a little bit like "Yeah but with our guy, it's different."

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Yeah he said JP screwed up by being kicked out and that Fran and wife have had more than one time where they've done that. Just curious how many times it's happened. Maybe it has happened more than once, I just don't know. If it hasn't, it sounds a little bit like "Yeah but with our guy, it's different."
Wow, on a rivals board you dont say?

• Funny
Reactions: Gonzo

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Does 3 seconds in the paint exist in the B1G conference? Minny and Iowa have both gone past that number a lot.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Did the announcer just say Fran's had remarkable teams at Iowa? A decade and never seeing the second weekend in the NCAA?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Did the announcer just say Fran's had remarkable teams at Iowa? A decade and never seeing the second weekend in the NCAA?

Related: A decade and this is the first time he's had a team clearly better than Iowa State.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron