The Fran fade

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
You can just tell JW is in his own head. It's about as rough of a cold streak as I can remember seeing.

It's really amazing that game was even close with Joe disappearing completely and no CJ.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
...but according to HawkJRP he was averaging 16 points in his last 6 games, so it wasn't fading. The "struggle bus" is real for Joe now!! 34% FG in the last 4 games against ranked opponents.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Honestly I think Garza gets a good whistle most of the time. Especially on the offensive glass. I think the problem is with the physicality he plays with you could probably call a foul on both offense and defense in just about every possession.

Agree. It will be interesting to see how they call games with Lurch in the tourney.

• Agree
Reactions: GT25Ump

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
You can just tell JW is in his own head. It's about as rough of a cold streak as I can remember seeing.

It's really amazing that game was even close with Joe disappearing completely and no CJ.
Other guys have picked up the slack with Fredrick out and Weiskamp not shooting well. In the past 3 games without Fredrick, Toussaint is 4-5 from 3, Evelyn is 5-12 , Connor is 4-11, Kriener is 3-9. While 4-11 and 3-9 aren't great, they are enough to keep defenses honest. Everyone else on the team is playing at a high level right now.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Other guys have picked up the slack with Fredrick out and Weiskamp not shooting well. In the past 3 games without Fredrick, Toussaint is 4-5 from 3, Evelyn is 5-12 , Connor is 4-11, Kriener is 3-9. While 4-11 and 3-9 aren't great, they are enough to keep defenses honest. Everyone else on the team is playing at a high level right now.

Those guys are playing pretty well right now, but I just wonder about the sustainability of it as the competition and stakes get progressively higher.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Those guys are playing pretty well right now, but I just wonder about the sustainability of it as the competition and stakes get progressively higher.
The hope would be that Joe shoots his way out of it and Frederick gets healthy. Joe had a bad night last night and I'm sure he'd be the first to admit it. It wasn't like the team laid an egg like they did in a couple other tough road games. They just came up short down the stretch. Had a couple chances to hit big shots and didn't do it.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

Never thought I would see him shoot this poorly. His shots aren't even close either. When JorBo isn't hitting at least his shots rim out or are back iron and right on target. Wieskamp's shots of late have been bricks and way off. Hopefully he snaps out of it quickly.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Never thought I would see him shoot this poorly. His shots aren't even close either. When JorBo isn't hitting at least his shots rim out or are back iron and right on target. Wieskamp's shots of late have been bricks and way off. Hopefully he snaps out of it quickly.

That was my takeaway from last night as well. Just not even close on his threes. And not consistent misses either-- short, long, wide.

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
That was my takeaway from last night as well. Just not even close on his threes. And not consistent misses either-- short, long, wide.

Yep, been going on for a while now too. Don't know if he has some kind of undisclosed injury affecting him or if he is just in a funk. Whatever it is, he needs to snap out of it. He is too good of a shooter to be this bad right now.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Some ugly shots for sure. He's too good of a shooter for it to go on too long tho. I really think he'll snap out of it and get back on track.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
The hope would be that Joe shoots his way out of it and Frederick gets healthy. Joe has had a few bad nights lately and I'm sure he'd be the first to admit it. It wasn't like the team laid an egg like they did in a couple other tough road games. They just came up short down the stretch. Had a couple chances to hit big shots and didn't do it.

FIFY!!

upload_2020-2-26_10-26-22.png

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I ended up flipping back and forth between ISU and Iowa. Between Dakich on the Iowa game and the ISU color guy, I had to turn the sound off. They were awful. The ISU color guy had to be the worst of the two. He almost made my ears bleed!!

• Agree
Reactions: GT25Ump

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I ended up flipping back and forth between ISU and Iowa. Between Dakich on the Iowa game and the ISU color guy, I had to turn the sound off. They were awful. The ISU color guy had to be the worst of the two. He almost made my ears bleed!!

Agree. McClure was extremely unpolished but his comments about Iowa State feeding the post consistently in the first half and then hardly nothing in the second was spot on. Solo didn't score until there were 4 minutes left.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
regressed is a stretch but he is wildly inconsistent.

We got one guy, a former starter, who last game p

Wasn't the ISU guy a former Baylor player? For me, Dakich actually has some substantive, informative comments regarding offensive & defensive alignments and strategies.