The Fran fade

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Iowa's kryptonite, as always, is athletic guards. The tourney is all about guard play so it'll be interesting, I feel like Garza will have to put up 35ish every night in March for them to keep advancing. Can you imagine what Baylors guards would do to them?

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I don't think we will be a 2 seed come March but yes this team's limited athletically. March matchups are critical but for this team even more so.
Indiana exposed a blue print on how to beat Iowa last night. Fortunately, for you guys, I don't think a lot of teams have a physical big like Race Thompson, or at least a physical big that wants to be physical with Luka. Kofi at Illinois comes to mind, but I guess I don't know the Big 10 well enough to know if other teams have a similar player that has given or can give Luka fits like what we saw last night.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Fran just can't play Connor and Bohannon as much as he does. The problem is their bench is so bad so I don't know who you replace them with

• Agree
Reactions: CyPunch

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Iowa's kryptonite, as always, is athletic guards. The tourney is all about guard play so it'll be interesting, I feel like Garza will have to put up 35ish every night in March for them to keep advancing. Can you imagine what Baylors guards would do to them?
I can imagine and it is glorious.

Jokes aside, they do have one athletic guard, whom for reasons why, who knows, Fran almost refuses to play. Joe T only playing 8 minutes on a night where the slow white guards were getting abused by Indiana's athleticism was some of the worst coaching I've seen all year, and I've watched all but a handful of our games, so that says a lot. Joe T should play a lot more. If I'm Fran, I use Jorbo and CJ interchangeably. Play whoever the hot hand it and Joe T. Otherwise go Joe T-Jorbo-CJ and bench Connor. But we all know the coach isn't gonna bench his kid.

Reactions: heitclone

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
I admittedly don't watch much Fran ball... But why isn't Joe Toussaint the starting PG? He was blowing by guys last night at the end of the game. He has 100x the athletic ability of JorBo who can't keep up with anything faster than a sloth

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I admittedly don't watch much Fran ball... But why isn't Joe Toussaint the starting PG? He was blowing by guys last night at the end of the game. He has 100x the athletic ability of JorBo who can't keep up with anything faster than a sloth
That's literally spot on.
Is Joe T hurt because Jordan has played one of the hottest garbage games I've ever seen.
And just like that Joe T comes in and is chipping in and busting his ass.
Fran's rotation and subs tonight were baffling.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
I don't think we will be a 2 seed come March but yes this team's limited athletically. March matchups are critical but for this team even more so.

Illinois game is huge for Iowa's resume. Would be a top 10 NET road win. Their resume is not looking great right now away from Carver with Rutgers and Maryland slipping as of late

Last edited:

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
For a good laugh go over to hawkeye nation. 320 posts about last nights game. Pretty much goes like this.

Were gonna win
B1G is a meat grinder
Garzilla (lol)
Weezy lighting it up
C'mon Jorbo hit something besides twitter
Refs suck
CJ not 100%
Connor's % from the line and arc are awful
11 minutes without a basket
This team sucks
Were gonna drop down
Fran doesn't know how to coach
We have a tough schedule yet

The thread if hilarious. Just a bunch of dumb hawk fans!
Uh....have you ever looked at one of the cyclone game threads?

Dumbassery is pretty universal in game threads

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I didn't. If I would have been watching I would have been posting on here during it. You know that
giphy.gif

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Well the B1G is just cannibalizing themselves....

Iowa's at risk of having a 2-2 Quad 1 record if Northwestern (currently 69 in Net) keeps losing.. A lot of season left. But, their resume has a chance to really improve or bust over the next month.

5 Quad 1 games forecasted over the next 6 games. Only 3 home games on the schedule until March. Only 1 of those is a current Quad 1 opportunity. Looks scary for a team that hasn't beaten a team away from Carver in the top 50 of NET

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Iowa's at risk of having a 2-2 Quad 1 record if Northwestern (currently 69 in Net) keeps losing.. A lot of season left. But, their resume has a chance to really improve or bust over the next month.

5 Quad 1 games forecasted over the next 6 games. Only 3 home games on the schedule until March. Only 1 of those is a current Quad 1 opportunity. Looks scary for a team that hasn't beaten a team away from Carver in the top 50 of NET

Their remaining schedule is pretty tough.

They still have road games at: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan. Splitting those six will be a huge accomplishment.

Home games vs: Ohio State, Rutgers, Wisconsin. They SHOULD win all of those but who knows.

I'm guessing they'll end up with 4-5 more losses.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
What I found funny is Sunday after their win against NW they were talking of how being in first place means nothing this time of year and how they are laser focused and playing really good. After last night it is........we weren't ready, we need to realize how tough this league is, we need to be focused every game.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Uh....have you ever looked at one of the cyclone game threads?

Dumbassery is pretty universal in game threads
Are you spying into our game threads?!?!!
1e0f83d19f942dacbc07cb2a51348838.gif

And yes dumbassery happens on most message boards. Some people whether we've had capable or incapable players/coaches are always insufferable.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Freaking Hawks cost me a parlay last night
They lost me 10 bucks. I put 5 on them to cover at -10 and 5 on the O150.5, which wouldn't even have been close, but ended up at 150 because Fran was trying to win me $4.50 fouling Indiana the last 90 seconds even though they were down double digits.