The Fran fade

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Hunter > Bolton
Gabe roughly equal to JCL
Jones and Jaz > Blackwell and Dubar

So yes, pretty easily

Hunter likely would have been here next year if we hadn't fired Prohm. As well as Hinson and Foster probably.

So the ones you really need to compare are Bolton, Harris, Dubar, Blackwell..... with Gabe, Kunc, Grill, Jones. IMO.... that could be a wash possibly at this point? Maybe a slight improvement with the current additions on the defensive end.

So the key will be the last two additions.

But we also must remember that the x's and o's going forward with this new staff can only be a huge improvement over Prohm..... that cannot possibly get any worse.

But I'm looking forward to how we fill the last two spots.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Hunter likely would have been here next year if we hadn't fired Prohm. As well as Hinson and Foster probably.

So the ones you really need to compare are Bolton, Harris, Dubar, Blackwell..... with Gabe, Kunc, Grill, Jones. IMO.... that could be a wash possibly at this point? Maybe a slight improvement with the current additions on the defensive end.

So the key will be the last two additions.

But we also must remember that the x's and o's going forward with this new staff can only be a huge improvement over Prohm..... that cannot possibly get any worse.

But I'm looking forward to how we fill the last two spots.
Foster was leaving if we kept Prohm

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You sure? I heard he was going to go wherever Daniyal Robinson was.... so that's why we kept Robinson.

Was Robinson going to leave if Prohm stayed?
Yes. He is close to DRob and that helped him stay but he was going to leave no matter what if Prohm was retained

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
All Iowa/Iowa State team

Hunter
Frederick (heard he is now planning on coming back)
Gabe/Hinson/Murray
Gabe/Hinson/Murray
TBD but probably Foster
I’d probably agree with that.. However I think with Gabe coming off a down year, he’ll have to really prove himself to make the list.

Hunter
CJF
Hinson
Murray
Foster

Reactions: CyTwins

Expert

Mar 4, 2021
All Iowa/Iowa State team

Hunter
Frederick (heard he is now planning on coming back)
Gabe/Hinson/Murray
Gabe/Hinson/Murray
TBD but probably Foster

I’d probably agree with that.. However I think with Gabe coming off a down year, he’ll have to really prove himself to make the list.

Hunter
CJF
Hinson
Murray
Foster

So you guys expect ISU to be favored in Hilton against Iowa in December?

ClockHawk69

Mar 18, 2021
Iowa
It’ll be interesting to see how both teams develop next year. I think Iowa has some promising players, and ISU is still rebuilding currently. I personally am very interested to see how Tony Perkins, Pat McCaffery, and Kris Murray develop next year.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It’ll be interesting to see how both teams develop next year. I think Iowa has some promising players, and ISU is still rebuilding currently. I personally am very interested to see how Tony Perkins, Pat McCaffery, and Kris Murray develop next year.
Yeah I agree. Still so many questions for both rosters. I wouldn’t argue with an Iowa fan having more Iowa guys on their “All Iowa Team” than ISU guys. It’s still far too early to know who’s going to make a jump, whether guys will play up to their potential, etc.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
What about silky smooth Ulis you were so high on?

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
He has him at 5.9 so call it 6.
But he only has about 66 per game for the team. I think we will be over 72 per game, so that is another 6 points to spread around. XF will be closer to 7-8 not 3.8. Hunter will hopefully be up around 8-9 and JJ will probably be down around 8-9 (not 11.7).

Reactions: Expert

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
You sound like Cyclone fans a few years ago saying this about Terrence Lewis, Zion Griffin, and George Conditt. Save yourself the wishful thinking.

• Agree
Reactions: usedcarguy