The Fran fade

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I've spent a lot of time in Iowa City and I actually have always liked Iowa's campus. With that being said. the dorm housing is a real problem, especially if you are on the wrong side of the river. Or god forbid you get stuck in Mayflower.

I think a lot of it is just personal preference. Urban campus wedged into the city, or the more separated 'island' like ISU. Some people like the downtown feel, others like the island.

I did BS at ISU and MBA at Iowa. Very strong preference for ISU for undergrad, but as an off campus grad student, Iowa was fine. Plus by that time I had money and could afford to go to bars lol.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Food for thought:

Given the sensitivity to Native American names and sports teams these days, how long before Iowa drops the Hawkeyes and goes straight to Hawks? Of course I am assuming the school adopted their name from the famous Native American Indian Chief.

Which Native American chief are we talking about? Hawkeye for the James Fenimore Cooper books was white

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Which Native American chief are we talking about? Hawkeye for the James Fenimore Cooper books was white
They said they would no longer play teams with Native American teams. Then realized there are other teams in the conference with them, then that might not work with bowls or tournaments. Then I think that meant no scrimmages and just forgot about it.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Talked to a Iowa season ticket holder family last night. Daughter was set to go to Iowa, toured the campus and flipped to Creighton. Absolutely hated the Iowa campus.
Lol, Creighton?! that campus is in North O and is not pretty by any means. Me thinks she did not want to go to Iowa in the first place. It is not the campus. Omaha is not even close to a college town.

• Winner
Reactions: dafarmer

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Lol, Creighton?! that campus is in North O and is not pretty by any means. Me thinks she did not want to go to Iowa in the first place. It is not the campus. Omaha is not even close to a college town.
It’s not a bad campus, pretty compact and they have many new/remodeled buildings over the last 10 years or so. She had been set in Iowa for the last several years. The campus flipped her. Creighton had very good academics also.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron