The Fran fade

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
essentially the same as your new transfer. Ash would have to work on his rebounding a bit tho
I'm just surprised Iowa's getting rid of him. Iowa's really going to need shooters next year and the only actual shooter they have is CJ now..

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
essentially the same as your new transfer. Ash would have to work on his rebounding a bit tho
From the article on the front page here:
Kunc can likely be projected as a depth-piece with the ability to come off the bench and stretch the floor in Otzelberger’s preferred space and pace style of play

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
comparing a guard's 3pt shooting to a forward's 3pt shooting makes you look very foolish.
what? first off I was joking around with Statefan10. Second, shooting is shooting. Garza is a better 3 point shooter than both of them. who cares about position

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Iowa's likely going to struggle big time from beyond the arc next year.. Returning players and their 3 pt shooting capabilities from this past year:

CJF (if he stays) : 47% - that's just unreal honestly. Good for CJ.

But then.. there's a drop off.

Keegan Murray : 30%
Patrick McCaffery : 30%
Jack Nunge (if he rehabs back and plays) : 30%
Joe Toussaint : 29% (3 for 11 on the year)
Connor McCaffery : 27%
Tony Perkins : 33% (1 for 3 on the year)
Aaron Uhlis : 0% (0 for 3 on the year)
Kris Murray : 0% (0 for 5 on the year)

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa's likely going to struggle big time from beyond the arc next year.. Returning players and their 3 pt shooting capabilities from this past year:

Yikes!

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019

Ulis was a good 3 pt shooter in high school so hoping he steps in and shoots well. I believe I read somewhere that Perkins was pretty respectable. Keegan has a nice shot and should show some improvement. Toussaint and Nunge really need to improve. I think both McCaffery boys just are what they are. Needs to be a focus in the offseason. Sandfort is a really good shooter. We'll see how he fits in.

Last edited:

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Ulis was a good 3 pt shooter in high school so hoping he steps in and shoots well. I believe I read somewhere that Perkins was pretty respectable. Keegan has a nice shot and should show some improvement. Toussaint and Nunge really need to improve. I think both McCaffery boys just are what they are. Needs to be a focus in the offseason.
Yep! And obviously I wasn't saying that Ulis or Perkins were bad in any way.. Neither of them played or shot enough for those percentages to actually mean anything. I don't think that Iowa will be a similar team next year in terms of how they play. In year's past, they've played as fast as possible trying to quickly get the ball inside to Cook or Garza. From there they'd play inside out and try to get it to JW, CJF or JBo who all could light it up. That's not even including Luka who could fill it up at a very high % as well.

It's going to be something to look at. I can tell you as an Iowa State fan when we lost our great core of guys in 16-17, we thought everything would be fine and we went 13-18 that next year. Who knows exactly what's going to happen next year, but I'd probably guess Iowa has a record like that. That's not me being an a$$ or anything either. Just how it goes sometimes.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO

Not to mention CJF's % will drop as teams won't have to sag on Luka.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron