The Fran fade

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Personally, I'd like to see Frederick make some off the cuff comments trashing Iowa before I put him up there. Doesn't have to be much, maybe something along the lines of what Grill had to say about UNLV on his way out the door.
What did Grill say on the way out?

StagecoachMike

Mar 24, 2021
Personally, I'd like to see Frederick make some off the cuff comments trashing Iowa before I put him up there. Doesn't have to be much, maybe something along the lines of what Grill had to say about UNLV on his way out the door.

Unfortunately, I think that's exactly what Iowa fans are hoping he does. I believe what is bothering most of that fan base is CJ isn't giving them something to play further victim to.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Unfortunately, I think that's exactly what Iowa fans are hoping he does. I believe what is bothering most of that fan base is CJ isn't giving them something to play further victim to.
Yeah, they all want to be able to say, "See, we told you so. The guy is a classless dirtbag just like we said." They don't really have the ammo right now and hopefully he keeps it that way so everyone who looks sees who the real dirtbags are.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I just realized that Joe Fredrick is one of the guys that was in the group that created or was selling the Catholics vs. Convicts shirt. Maybe this is common knowledge and Im late to the party.
I wouldn't say common knowledge I just found out a couple of months ago

Reactions: greenec31

Mississippi Clone

Aug 6, 2016
What a glorious week to be a Cyclone. A potentially great football season coming this fall, TJ (who I admit i was not a big fan of the hire or the way it was done) coming out killing it so far, and Hawkeye Nation in full meltdown mode over CJ, Fran the portal etc. If you want some good entertainment checkout Hawkeye Report, they have lost their minds over the CJ thing. Views range from he faked the injury because he was already gone to KY, to he wasn't good anyway do not want, to Calipari cheated and KY should be sanctioned Maybe the kid didn't do everything exactly correctly and maybe he should have been a little more upfront, but maybe he is 20 years old and just wanted to play for a better team next year and the portal gave him that opportunity. So will they berate Wieskamp for leaving for a 'better' situation? It is pretty brutal over there and I feel a little sorry for the kid but he has brought me great joy!! The only thing that could make my week better is if JBo announces he is coming back LOL. I think they realize they have gone from one of their best teams in decades to potentially being almost as bad as we were last year, well probably not that bad. The Keegan kid is the real deal and surprised many, PMac is pretty good too, but dang they have no 3 point shooting and no Garza it could be awful but will wait and see. I hope the one thing we as Cyclone fans remember as we enjoy their meltdown that if we are ever in a similar situation we respond better! Go Clones!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Oh? Do tell...
The Larry spiral...
Loved coming to Ames for camps and loved his time here but it boiled down to that for the most part. Didn't know what he'd be getting with Wayne.

Adam was very very complimentary of ISU in the podcast.

• Agree
Reactions: kentkel

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The Larry spiral...
Loved coming to Ames for camps and loved his time here but it boiled down to that for the most part. Didn't know what he'd be getting with Wayne.

Adam was very very complimentary of ISU in the podcast.

I remember reading or hearing when it went down that Haluska was threatening to transfer if Larry wasn’t cut loose, and when it happened, he transferred anyhow. Why I didn’t care for him at Iowa.

• Agree
Reactions: CYEATHAWK