The Fran fade

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
giphy.gif

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Not cool; we lost to an 11-seed and 10-seed Iowa beat a 7-seed. Our program is fading and you don't care - not cool.

PS: Amazon just delivered a package of used Jordan Bo sneakers to your doorstep

Imagine thinking Iowa as a 10 seed was better than a 6 seed last year

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Not cool; we lost to an 11-seed and 10-seed Iowa beat a 7-seed. Our program is fading and you don't care - not cool.

PS: Amazon just delivered a package of used Jordan Bo sneakers to your doorstep
Look, I'm not here to debate whether or not we were a better team than Iowa last year, mostly because they handled us head to head and that's what really matters. Using only the NCAA Tournament to judge success isn't a fair argument, just as only using the Big 12 Tournament.

Kansas State last year won the outright Big 12 Title, yet lost in the first round of the NCAA tournament. Were they worse than Iowa? Wisconsin had a better year than Iowa last year, but got crushed by Oregon in the first round.. Were they worse than Iowa? I'd answer no to both of those questions.

The NCAA tournament is chaos and although it ultimately determines a national title, it doesn't determine who had a better season. Virginia losing two years ago in the first round doesn't mean that the teams that moved on had a better year than them.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Look, I'm not here to debate whether or not we were a better team than Iowa last year, mostly because they handled us head to head and that's what really matters. Using only the NCAA Tournament to judge success isn't a fair argument, just as only using the Big 12 Tournament.

Kansas State last year won the outright Big 12 Title, yet lost in the first round of the NCAA tournament. Were they worse than Iowa? Wisconsin had a better year than Iowa last year, but got crushed by Oregon in the first round.. Were they worse than Iowa? I'd answer no to both of those questions.

The NCAA tournament is chaos and although it ultimately determines a national title, it doesn't determine who had a better season. Virginia losing two years ago in the first round doesn't mean that the teams that moved on had a better year than them.

But according to Twins, losing head-to-head is not what really matters; we had a higher seed.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I do love that as our basketball team tanks this board is becoming increasingly intolerant of Twins nonsense. Give up the act man. Channel this energy into something positive.

I honestly picture you waking up, putting on a pot of coffee, cracking your knuckles, and sitting down for an 8 hour Iowa troll fest. It's clinically obsessive.

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019

"I'm not here to debate whether or not we were a better theam than Iowa last year but I am going to debate why we were better than Iowa last year"

Could have just said that and saved the keyboard strokes.

• Disagree
Reactions: Statefan10

Lafaester54

Mar 18, 2011
Colorado/Wyoming
4 years ago at this time Iowa was actually better and Uthoff was a stud and we all saw what happened. Crazy thing is I think this team is more mentally soft than that team

Yes because the other threads you obsess over this aren't enough.
I hate these threads but I don’t have enough self control to not keep checking them.
Can we somehow combine these into one Omnibus thread? Can we also concede that CyTwins is a master troll but knows little about basketball?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
But according to Twins, losing head-to-head is not what really matters; we had a higher seed.
It sure helps your case when you beat a team but winning one game doesn't mean you're truly better. I mean, we beat KU two out of three times last year but weren't rated higher than them. If you want to figure out who was better, look at the final NET rankings or the final KenPom rankings. They consider basically everything when rating the teams and would give you a less biased insight.

For reference, KenPom had Iowa State at #15 while Iowa was #37.

Reactions: CyclonesRock

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I hate these threads but I don’t have enough self control to not keep checking them.
Can we somehow combine these into one Omnibus thread? Can we also concede that CyTwins is a master troll but knows little about basketball?

It's not even creative anymore. It's just sad.

• Agree
Reactions: isuno1fan