The fighting Surly's suspend football for two weeks

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
He is an eternal pessimist and an idiot so forever is likely his answer

Boy.... some people get so upset at the possibility of no football. Get a life people.

I hope we have it too, but if not my life will go on. I worry about some on here if we don't play football this fall.

Reactions: cyfanatic

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
The virus isn't deadly now. It's a complete and total farce created by the govt aimed at the general public to make us fearful and complacent. Society is unraveling by the day for something that is of less real concern than so many other things that have plagued mankind for thousands of years. I'm fed up with it, but know it won't go away until Trump is out of the white house, and it will be at the expense of football season as it has ruined both baseball and basketball already.

Obviously you dont have a clue.

Spam

May 21, 2008
The virus isn't deadly now. It's a complete and total farce created by the govt aimed at the general public to make us fearful and complacent. Society is unraveling by the day for something that is of less real concern than so many other things that have plagued mankind for thousands of years. I'm fed up with it, but know it won't go away until Trump is out of the white house, and it will be at the expense of football season as it has ruined both baseball and basketball already.

A lot happening there!

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
When I see fighting surly’s I just think of a bunch of boomers named Bob who get their kicks off of pretending to be women online.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Johnson&Johnson is in advanced stages of vaccine development. My guess is they'll have one by the end of the year.

After a COVID-19 vaccine deal between four European countries and AstraZeneca, another pharma giant is reportedly in advanced talks to supply its candidate in Europe should it prove safe and effective.

Johnson & Johnson is negotiating with the European Commission to supply its coronavirus vaccine candidate if it succeeds in testing, Reuters reports. The drugmaker plans to start a phase 1/2a test next month under an accelerated timeline unveiled last week.

Beyond that, the company is involved in Operation Warp Speed in the U.S., where officials plan to start late-stage testing for the candidate in September, The Wall Street Journal has reported.

https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/johnson-johnson-talks-to-supply-covid-19-vaccine-europe-reports

My doctor said they would never get a vaccine until a year after it was released, especially not a rushed one from an incompetent administration.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
i bet games happen but no fans. Similar to how soccer is going overseas.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Congrats on being a dope

Spam

May 21, 2008
There’s evidence this is already happening, as is the case with nearly all coronaviruses. https://www.news-medical.net/amp/ne...ns-could-weaken-Indian-SARS-CoV-2-strain.aspx
I think that’s part of the reason you see hospitalization numbers falling while cases are still spiking in some areas. I think the biggest factor in that however is probably the age of the people becoming infected.

That's a study from India...India recorded its highest death toll today

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Boy.... some people get so upset at the possibility of no football. Get a life people.

I hope we have it too, but if not my life will go on. I worry about some on here if we don't play football this fall.
It's been pretty staggering to see the number of people whose mental health and personal identity seems to depend on watching other grownups traversing an arbitrarily sized rectangular field with an orb made of dead animal skin. Don't get me wrong, I love me some football, but jeezus cripes.

Regardless of what happens to ISU players, it may be hard to have a season when 90% of our conference is in covid-denial "but mah liburdy!" country. We won't play any games if UT, Baylor, Tech, TCU, OU, OSU, KU, KSU and WV don't have enough unquarantined players.

Reactions: Doc

KCClone1

Feb 28, 2010
Urbandale
i bet games happen but no fans. Similar to how soccer is going overseas.
How do you keep the players from all getting it on huge campuses? Will coaches put on strict curfews? There might be a lot of 3rd and 4th stringers getting action this year.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

What about the rest of the world that's dealing with it? Soccer games gonna start packing in the arenas if someone else is our president?

The virus IS deadly. That's why people are dying from it. Yes, other things are deadly...so is this.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
There’s evidence this is already happening, as is the case with nearly all coronaviruses. https://www.news-medical.net/amp/ne...ns-could-weaken-Indian-SARS-CoV-2-strain.aspx
I think that’s part of the reason you see hospitalization numbers falling while cases are still spiking in some areas. I think the biggest factor in that however is probably the age of the people becoming infected.

Let's see what happens vs. this timeline. Optimistic, and SARS was contained and not as contagious, but the time frame of it taking off are similar.

https://www.cdc.gov/about/history/sars/timeline.htm

CY74

Oct 27, 2019
yep, hard to believe that’s not football related.

Not saying there are not more positive test results from athletes, but nothing additional has been reported from the original numbers. I think it is more likely the increases seen in Story County are outside the athletic department. Since the State restrictions have been eased, there are a lot of people out doing things as if the virus is gone. No masks in public (when indoors), no social distancing.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

These were words, and I read them.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron