The bugle graphic just won't go away

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Hell, I don't remember. Thinking back I probably bought it after the game because I don't think anything with the logo was released before the game. That logo, that game, Park's play, Bailey's awful unsportsmanlike penalty that kept a TX drive alive on a 3rd down stop. It was all bad.

There was a lot going on that night and in the end it may have been the best thing for that season.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Cyclone Power Power Power Cyclone
The words are correctly spelled, but grammar check would catch that immediately. Perhaps graphic designers don’t worry about using words the right way.

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
Most of the rebranding that pollard has done (the updated Cy logos, bugle etc.) has ended up looking cartoony and gives middle school (besides i-state, that one is just meh).

All the throwback logos usage has been a result of a grassroots effort from the fans and the athletes forcing the AD to use them.

Still blows my mind that we didn't (and still don't) simply use the Orrnado logo, which we already had, as a our tornado logo instead of paying some design firm whatever we did for the bugle.

Pollard and co. are at the top of the industry in every other aspect and are perfect for ISU, but maybe thet should get some input from others on branding. The fact that we have hundreds of pages of threads on uniforms and logos speaks volumes, that and most of us have no lives (me included :))

CydeofFries

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 10, 2017
I know this is going to be a hot take considering how much the first one is hated, but the one on this shirt is solid, actually. The Cardinal is all one tone and the white background makes it look cleaner overall. I'd be curious if the single tone cardinal with gold would look any better too, especially since the two color cardinal is one of the biggest complaint about the IState logo.
1718152103742.png

1718152085372.png