The Blizzard of the Millenium (Tue-Wed storm)

cyfan50438

Oct 31, 2007
Garner, IA
I was looking for any of the weather people here to comment on the upcoming storm on Tuesday and Wednesday. I have read that northern Iowa could get a potential foot of snow with winds. Central and southern iowa could get thunderstorms with mixing to sleet and snow.

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
Come on colder temps! Give us a big whopper of a storm, either that or an ice storm so I can miss a day of work!

Iastfan112..what's your input?

If the track could move 30-45 miles so I'd be happy :)

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Come on colder temps! Give us a big whopper of a storm, either that or an ice storm so I can miss a day of work!

Iastfan112..what's your input?

If the track could move 30-45 miles so I'd be happy :)

Best snows to me look like along and perhaps a bit north of a Denison- Fort Dodge- Mason City line. I think some band close to those areas is just going to get hammered. IF your traveling west Monday thru Wednesday don't, this storm is going to hammer Nebraska. If we were more solidly in winter the track this storm takes would actually be good for snows thru most of the state, as it is March daytime heating really makes it hard to keep temps below freezing. Des Moines looks to only have a little bit of light backend snow 1-2 inch. Maybe some snow showers on Monday night too(inch or so).
Ice does not look to be too much of a concern as the atmosphere itself is rather cold, merely the surface temperatures not conducive to snow, conditions for ice are the opposite.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
It will not snow in DSM at all, I don't have air travel planned, and this winter it only snowed when I had to catch a plane.