The Big Lead: 50 Best Players in College Basketball for 2014-2015

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Awesome press for Georges but recent history suggests 1 or 2 of our newly eligible transfers will belong on the list, especially BDJ. Also wouldn't be surprised if monte is getting the accolades since he didn't even start the first half of last season and will have the ball in his handsa ton more. His season averages are going to leap.

I agree, between Monte and BDJ, I'd be willing to bet that we'll have a second strong candidate for the list come the end of next season, just like we had two players deserving of the list (postseason) this year (Ejim, Kane) and arguably a third (Niang).

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I agree, between Monte and BDJ, I'd be willing to bet that we'll have a second strong candidate for the list come the end of next season, just like we had two players deserving of the list (postseason) this year (Ejim, Kane) and arguably a third (Niang).

If McKay gets a full year and Nader transitions into the Big 12 like most expect, they could be on there too.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
If McKay gets a full year and Nader transitions into the Big 12 like most expect, they could be on there too.

It also helps that we are consistently the top scoring offense among big schools each year and I don't expect next year to be any different. When you score that many points and run that many offensive sets, it is easy for multiple players to stuff their stat sheet.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
If I'm looking at that list correctly, only 3 players who aren't going to be freshmen are ranked above Georges. So in reality, he's one of the top 5 players in the nation. I have to agree with that.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
RV # 44 without having played a single minute of D-1 ball.

tumblr_m88heriBEH1rziwwco1_500.gif

Edit. There's a ton of incoming Freshman on the list. Should have read this criteria first I guess. Still, I'm leaving the .gif just because.

With offers from Kentucky and Kansas. I didnt know that...:SLEEP: Congrats Georges!

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
One of our beloved players is ranked the #10th best player in college basketball and the first post in reply is mocking the lack of Iowa players? People wonder why Iowa fans make fun of our little-brother status...

Well you've more than made up for that post with this post. I see that first post as mocking a rival, but you're worried about how that post makes us look to some meaningless group of fans. So who's the problem here?

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
not that big of a deal, man. They're our rival. That's the nature of rivalries.

I get that, but I just don't get the need to constantly bring them into the discussion. It was no different with the Lebron camp invite, no longer did we know Georges was invited then we were destroying the decision to invite Aaron White.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I get that, but I just don't get the need to constantly bring them into the discussion. It was no different with the Lebron camp invite, no longer did we know Georges was invited then we were destroying the decision to invite Aaron White.

ok, but water is wet, bees make honey, and sports rivals will continue to talk about each other. You probably should just make your peace with it, because it's not going away.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I wasn't necessarily surprised, but kind of disappointed that they didn't have Monte on the list. After the season he had and how much recognition he was getting, I figured he deserves it. BDJ should've probably made the list as well.

Oct 10, 2012
Des Moines
#4 returning player. Could be #1 I take Georges over the 2 Wiscy kids and Harrell too.

Zona kids are a little low and Winston Shephard should be up there too.

Dunno why people hatin on the Harrisons I thought they were good and rode them through the tourney and all of a sudden people saying they suck.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
#4 returning player. Could be #1 I take Georges over the 2 Wiscy kids and Harrell too.

Dunno why people hatin on the Harrisons I thought they were good and rode them through the tourney and all of a sudden people saying they suck.

Ya, the Harrisons figured it out and turned it on late in the year. They will be pretty big time next year.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
not that big of a deal, man. They're our rival. That's the nature of rivalries.

Not a big deal but still screams little brother. 2nd post of thread? We give them to much airplay over here.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

dekker is a stud.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
That's some good pub, but it's not the most credible forecasting source I've seen. Last year they left Kane and Ejim - you know, two All-Americans - off last year's list. Missed on Royce the year before too. Granted, their production the previous season didn't make it easy to forecast what happened their final seasons, but still. For what's it worth I agree with most of their choices for this upcoming year.

roundball

Dec 8, 2013
Iowa City area
That's some good pub, but it's not the most credible forecasting source I've seen. Last year they left Kane and Ejim - you know, two All-Americans - off last year's list. Missed on Royce the year before too. Granted, their production the previous season didn't make it easy to forecast what happened their final seasons, but still. For what's it worth I agree with most of their choices for this upcoming year.

Their Aaron Craft homerism was pretty hilarious.

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
I have a dream

That one day, Cyclone Fanatic

Can go one thread without mentioning the hoks.