The Big 12 AD meeting Thursday night

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyrideAllstar

Mar 1, 2021
Two Things:

1--There has to be a Big 12 in existence to owe that to

2--That's one year of what they're going to get in the SEC or they'll find it in the couch cushions.
So we make the league last 2-3 years in order to get paid. Add byu as temporary member and one more non con game like the SEC does.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
There's already quite a bit on Twitter about USC, UCLA, Oregon, Colorado wanting to go to the big 10. Why do you think those schools don't want to get paid?
True and there are just as many saying that the Pac 12 is working on bringing in the displaced teams from the Big 12 to form a new 16 team league.
Right now we have no clue what is happening either way, everything is in play, but we do know that its going to take a lot of $$$$ to get the Pac 12 teams to move to the Big 10, the only thing its going to take the get the Big 12 teams to move is an invite.

• Agree
Reactions: 2speedy1 and hobbes

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Jack McGuire
@JackMacCFB
·
2h
SEC has been in serious contact with Ohio State, Michigan, Clemson, and Florida State.

Not clear if this will materialize, but they have their eyes on a true 20 team MEGA conference.

OU and Texas just the start.

#ScoopCity
Jack McGuire
@JackMacCFB
·
2h
You can doubt all you want.

This comes from multiple sources, including one that gave me OU & Texas to SEC on Monday.

#ScoopCity hasn’t had a miss since 2019.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
So, a 20-team mega-conference for the PAC would be the present plus the 8 remaining B12 teams?

But it's just amateur athletics playing for the alums on a beautiful fall afternoon from Ann Arbor and Austin. :rolleyes:

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Is the SEC still going to play just 8 games to make sure they get to schedule wins against non G League?

I especially love that second to last week of the season they schedule a cupcake. I'm pretty sure Alabama played Georgia Southern the night we knocked OK State out of the title game late in the season.

jdolson27

May 23, 2015
Been hearing Steve Sarkisian ex Alabama oc and Saban masterminded this when he was hired as Texas’s new head coach

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Jack McGuire
@JackMacCFB
·
2h
SEC has been in serious contact with Ohio State, Michigan, Clemson, and Florida State.

Not clear if this will materialize, but they have their eyes on a true 20 team MEGA conference.

OU and Texas just the start.

#ScoopCity
Jack McGuire
@JackMacCFB
·
2h
You can doubt all you want.

This comes from multiple sources, including one that gave me OU & Texas to SEC on Monday.

#ScoopCity hasn’t had a miss since 2019.

Oh, I’ll doubt it! No one is getting two goldmine scoops at once; you get a good one, and you get the crappy one for half off. I think the real scoop is that they may have inquired about it (showed their cards to the B1G by mistake), got turned down, and leaked it to put the pressure on the B1G/ACC.