The announcer situation for the ISU-Texas football game

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
It's not called the same way for both tv and radio. It's a little awkward when it's the radio broadcast on tv.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I don't know about everyone else, but if I am actually watching the game I don't want to hear what formation or yard line we are on every play. That fine for radio, but not TV.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Simple solution. Williams for pXp, Blum for color and Gray on the sideline.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Not sure why John and Eric can't just call both the radio and TV side?!? Can't think of a duo I'd rather have ...

The game is called differently for a radio audience than for a TV audience. I think this is a good move as long as they get good people for the TV feed.

H

HGPuck

Most likely combo is Blum on the play by play and Bruns doing the color. As an aside, I also think this is the football radio team at some point in the future provided both stay in the area.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
CF sports crew assemble!

Anchorman-News-Fight.jpg

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Most likely combo is Blum on the play by play and Bruns doing the color. As an aside, I also think this is the football radio team at some point in the future provided both stay in the area.

Doubtful as both are employed to assist in the radio broadcast.

Mowilly

May 21, 2008
Capp Timm Field
http://amestrib.com/blind-side-blitz/announcer-situation-isu-texas-football-game

Not sure why John and Eric can't just call both the radio and TV side?!? Can't think of a duo I'd rather have ...

Mark Matthew and Matt Blair :twitcy: (kidding)

Blum is a great choice for PBP- he will be in Austin anyway for CRN so why not?
He won't be taking over radio for another 20 years unless John retires. Until then, he would be fun on TV. Bruns would be outstanding for color but doubt the CRN crew is broken up. Sage is under contract for tv work this fall- if he is free, he is the easy choice here. Adding Woody to the sideline would be great. Former Cyclone John Quinn was really good on the sideline pre-Bruns but in his new gig, I doubt he does it.

Blum PBP
Rosenfels-color
Woody-sideline.

Good crew!