The 3 Young Guns from Minnesota

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
Thanks for posting! Interesting comment from Vaughn...

"But the last one to commit, if he doesn't go to the U, he'd have to commit where he could get out of here," Vaughn said, "because (fans) are going to try to kill us or something."

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Looks like RV wants to be a vet.

On his next visit, we need to feature signs about the Vet School. Inside info like that can help us make signs that won't be taken away. The security guys won't even know what they mean, except the ones who read CF.

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
On his next visit, we need to feature signs about the Vet School. Inside info like that can help us make signs that won't be taken away. The security guys won't even know what they mean, except the ones who read CF.

I actually think that's a hilarious sign idea anyways. Something that reads "We have a top notch Vet School" or "Our engineering program is better than yours" or something along those lines.

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA
Now if only one of the schools that offered him had a top-shelf Vet Med program...if only...
. He'll be in the NBA long before he'd graduate from vet school. It's a moot point regarding the quality of our vet program.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Unfortunately, U of M also has a top notch Vet Med program. In fact, in most cases it is listed slightly above ISU's. So, not really an advantage for ISU.

CYUL8R

Feb 13, 2012
Unfortunately, U of M also has a top notch Vet Med program. In fact, in most cases it is listed slightly above ISU's. So, not really an advantage for ISU.

But the fact we both have excellent programs makes us on par with U of M...and then you add in Hoiball and the scales tip in our favor.

I can dream, can't I?

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
I was not saying ISU was out of it.......it was just that some were acting like U of M did not even have a program, and it turns out they have a very good one. Minnesota is a top 10 program, ISU is a top 15, so there is not that much difference. If a student is a serious vet med student, I would think the location of the National Animal Disease Center in Ames would be interesting too.

I think ISU does have a chance with Vaughn and Travis. I could see the possibility of those 2, along with Travis' teammate, Jarvis Johnson (2015 ISU offer) all coming to ISU. They all know each other pretty well. Plus, Jarvis' sister Seanna is coming here next year to play for BF. If that goes well that could help too.

CyCy

Nov 7, 2006
Can we appeal to the NCAA for 6 years of elligibility while he completes Vet School?

JCREEK

Jan 14, 2010
dsm
The Pioneer Press in MSP has a very nice article about the 3 young guns in the Twin Cities.
Vaughn, Jones, and Travis. Nothing to earth shattering but good. On the front page.

Home: St. Paul Pioneer Press - TwinCities.com

One factor in this is MInnesota gophers you would think have to be in the mix but hearing the Newly hired A.D. from VCU is not at all happy with Tubby Smith gophers started season 15-1 and have tanked in big ten 6-6 now and Gophers have not won a tourney game since 1997 wow thats worse than Iowa Hawkeyes 2002? Word from Minn is Tubby is out baring a run in the tourney and the new AD wants Shaka Smart as the next coach. Just rumors at this point but makes sense.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
One factor in this is MInnesota gophers you would think have to be in the mix but hearing the Newly hired A.D. from VCU is not at all happy with Tubby Smith gophers started season 15-1 and have tanked in big ten 6-6 now and Gophers have not won a tourney game since 1997 wow thats worse than Iowa Hawkeyes 2002? Word from Minn is Tubby is out baring a run in the tourney and the new AD wants Shaka Smart as the next coach. Just rumors at this point but makes sense.

Well that wouldn't be good news if Tubby gets fired and they go big with Shaka or someone like that. If that were to happen, I would see at least 2 of those guys going to UM

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI

For our sake, I want Tubby as the coach as long as possible. With the extension they signed him to, last year or the year before - he's got a monster contract they'll have to eat...

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Well that wouldn't be good news if Tubby gets fired and they go big with Shaka or someone like that. If that were to happen, I would see at least 2 of those guys going to UM

I agree. I think if that coaching scenario played out there would be at the very least an initial feeling of great excitement surrounding that program. Those kids would want to be a part of that excitement. Shaka is a good coach for sure! If I were a HS kid, I would love to play for him.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron