[Hold on, it’s not over yet] PATHWAY TO DALLAS

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
And next week the conference is off, correct?

great2baclone

May 7, 2014
Does anyone know if we will have a chance at getting Tarique Milton back after bye week? I'd love to have him and his big play ability for this stretch run. I know everyone is going to load up blitz and play man coverage rest of the way except KSU.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
I think we have the Jimmys and the Joe's to actually put it to kstate this year. Shut down their run game and I think we can win big.

They don't scare me like last year without their QB

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
When your wife is your cousin, they prefer to hang around family.

I seriously had a kid who worked for me years ago tell me his wife was relations, but she ain't kin. I think he was from Alabama, but sounds like a WV statement.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
The heck it doesn't. I live in West Virginia. I don't want to have to listen to them if we lose.
Beautiful part of the country, we had a blast there last year for the WV/ISU game. Everyone could not believe we had driven out from Iowa for the game. Everyone that saw us in our ISU gear was saying, "come over here and eat and drink with us."
Some of the best moonshine I have ever had in my life. Hopefully we will be going out again some time.

Last edited:

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Beautiful part of the country, we had a blast there last year for the WV/ISU game. Everyone could not believe we had driven out from Iowa for the game. Everyone that saw us in our ISU gear was saying, "come over here and eat and drink with us."
Some of the best moonshine I have ever had in my life. Hopefully we will be going out again some time.
Oh. I'm not saying they're not wonderful people. They are. But, it's like if we lose to Iowa, I'm sure you don't want that hanging over your head for a year because even in the subtlest of ways, they'll let you know..... all year long.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Games the rest of the way:

Week 11
BaylorTexas Tech
TCUWVU
Week 12
KSUISU
OKStateOU
TexasKansas
Week 13
ISUTexas
KSUBaylor
OUWVU
TCUKansas
Texas TechOKState
Week 14
BaylorOU
KansasTexas Tech
OKStateTCU
TexasKSU
WVUISU
Week 15
OKStateBaylor
I have Texas winning out (Kansas, ISU, KSU). I have OU winning out (OkState, WVU, Baylor). I have OKstate picking up one loss to OU (OU, Tech, TCU, Baylor), I have us winning out except Texas(KSU, Texas, WVU). That results in a 4 way tie for first place at 7-2. We would lose the tie breaker in that situation.
I could see okie st losing more than one of those.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
If I had to put money on it, I would say that Texas would beat us due to the gap in athleticism. When Baylor was rolling (with their athletes), they carved up our zone coverage.

We'll need to play a disciplined game.
Assuming ISU goes 2-1 to end the year, Texas is the only must win. I don't see a path for ISU if they lose to Texas. They would need a ton of help from the likes of KState, WVU and Baylor.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Assuming ISU goes 2-1 to end the year, Texas is the only must win. I don't see a path for ISU if they lose to Texas. They would need a ton of help from the likes of KState, WVU and Baylor.
Losing to Texas would require Texas to lose @ K-State or OU to lose @ WVU. I could definitely see Texas losing @ K-State, however just beat Texas and we don't have to go down those roads.

• Agree
Reactions: DSMCy

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
When Baylor was rolling (with their athletes), they carved up our zone coverage.

We rarely get a good start to our games and I wonder if it is our defense. We start with three man rush and zone defense. Against maybe Kansas it works and so we stick with it. But more often it fails us, like with Baylor, and then we switch to blitzes and man coverage and we do much better. So I always think why not bring in the blitzing earlier before you get behind?

Help Support Us

Become a patron